+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 CREATOR UPDATE - any issues? Please post them in detail here!

Soulwalker

Default windows 10 update failure

ok I get the update prompt, hit about 31% then get told, I got too uninstall glyph.
    I uninstall rift, then uninstall glyph.
    clean the system with ccleaner, clean the registery with ccleaner.
    then I clean the registery with reg seeker.
    search again for all things trion, and I all clean .
    update windows, and? stuck at the same point, uninstall glyph.
    there is no glyph on my system, 0 folders no where, erased every thing relating too it at all levels.
    this is not trion at fault , this is a windows issue.
    I can not find any thing else too uninstall, or remove that slightly resembles trion, or glyph .
    gave up on the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Revos View Post
    Thanks, that was my problem too. Had to go change it in the config file manually, fullscreen works fine.

For anyone else that needs to go edit that themselves it's located in "%appdata%\RIFT"

Edit the rift.cfg file, search for WindowMode. Change the value to 1.
    This worked for me as well, Any sort of ETA for when this will get updated? Hard to watch Netflix and play at the same time now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
    This worked for me too. On my laptop, nothing bad happened to Rift. But my desktop doesn't seem to like Rift without changing this setting.
    Rift definitely does not like full-screen windowed mode. Using this mode causes a 100% repeatable crash on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiara View Post
    Rift definitely does not like full-screen windowed mode. Using this mode causes a 100% repeatable crash on my system.
    Today's patch has resolved this problem for me. Thanks!

Default Rift crashes after Window 10 Creator Update

I am able to to run Glyph. Rift is a different matter. Every time Rift runs and my character is active a few seconds the game crashes and proceeds to reboot. Have tried all the above and nothing changes. Any suggestions so that I can play?

Default MSI Afterburner

Rift crashes immediately after launch, if afterburner is on.
    Rift crashes immediately after MSI Afterburner has been turned on in-game.

This was not the case yesterday. This is unfortunate, since I use Afterburner to monitor temps and manage the cooling of my system. I dont know, if this problem is with afterburner or, if something in windows has caused this, even rift could cause this?

This might not have anything to do with Rift, maybe with afterburner or windows, however this will make it unplayable for me, I will not play with melting components.

Shadowlander

Default Direct3d Initialization error

As of today I am getting the 'Direct3d Initialization error'

I installed the Creator update 3 days ago.
    I'm using a Geforce 970 and my driver is up to date.
    I reinstalled DX9, didn't help.
    I'm already running in Fullscreen mode (WindowMode = 1)

Anything else I should try?

Edit: As of June 2nd, without doing anything on my end, RIFT is now working again.
    Last edited by IMTabca; 06-02-2017 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Situation fixed?

Soulwalker

Default Can't even install the update...

I am trying to uninstall the "glyph client" so I can even TRY this silly Windows 10 update, but even after uninstalling glyph AND rift windows 10 thinks it's there and won't install. Any specific reg key I need to delete? a file somewhere? Deleted a few reg keys with the file path, no luck. Need to check my minions so putting it back for now.
    Last edited by featherz9; 06-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Da ich nur Deutsch spreche und schreibe, hoffe ich, das diese jemand übersetzt. Das Creators Update macht bei mir das Spielen von Rift unmöglich, da es Probleme bei der Installation von directx9 gibt. Als Windows Insider habe ich auch andere Möglichkeiten. Ich habe festgestellt, das mit den nächsten Windows 10 im Herbst (wahrscheinlicher Name "Fall Creators Update") dieses Problem nicht mehr bestehen wird. Ich kann Rift in der aktuellen Windows 10 Insider Preview wieder spielen. Über Probleme beim spielen werde ich gegebenenfalls berichten.

Edit: Nach dem DirectX 9 von einer anderen Website herunter geladen hatte, konnte ich sie auch beim Creators Update installieren. Jetzt kann ich dort auch spielen. Warum es nicht mit dem Webinstaller von Microsoft funktioniert, entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis.
    Last edited by phoenix1957; 06-08-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Still not working

Ive recently just came back to Rift.
    I have a new laptop I had to install on (This laptop came with win10 pre-installed).
    It will not show the characters past the background screen.
    I have done all the updates and down loads. When I get this screen I can only exit with Task Manager.
    I have my older laptop that has win10 installed by update and that one runs Rift (Came with win 8 upgraded to win 8.1).
    I found a work around by changing compatibility( change to win 8).
    After doing it all with client it says to also do this with all games normally played. "Repeat above steps for all games you play (Normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games)".
    This is not found in the glyph folder. Games folder is and you can not get compatibility from properties.
    Whats next...

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You might need to install missing DirectX 9.0c which is what Rift runs on, Windows 10 doesn't install that by default.

Try this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4