+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 CREATOR UPDATE - any issues? Please post them in detail here!

Soulwalker

-Happened on the 28th around 3pm PDT I think.
    -Glyph works fine but rift doesn't launch at all. The progress bar goes up to "Verifying Rift" then it crashes. I tried to repair and even to just reinstall the whole thing.
    -No error message, just the option to send a crash report.
    -Always happens.

Hope it gets figured out soon, I just returned to the game after a fairly long time to see if it was heading in a direction I'd appreciate more. I'm not motivated to reinstall Windows just for that.

Edit: Also tried installing directX 9 and using the beta version of Glyph, but it didn't fix my problem.
    Last edited by Revos; 04-29-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Mike View Post
    I finally figured out my problem. Since I had clean installed the creator's update I no longer had the direct x 9c files Rift needs downloaded and manually installed from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ang=en&id=8109 and everything is working again!

Soooo.....where exactly do you extract the Direct x 9c files too?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey View Post
    Soooo.....where exactly do you extract the Direct x 9c files too?
    You can extract it to any folder, just create one and run DXSETUP.exe that gets extracted into it.

Shadowlander

Googled that to figure that out. I've never had an Direct x issue to date. So, was unsure what to do with it. Know now. lol. I did download and install the Direct x 9c and Rift is still doing the same thing. Nothing.....yay......

On the creators update and a returning player who wanted to restart playing Rift today after being away quite a while (I was on Windows 7 when I last played):

Downloaded the glyph installer from the website, ran it, clicked the glyph icon on my desktop and nothing happens. Followed all the debugging, no difference. Installing DirectX9.0c as above doesn't change it.

Glyph doesn't starts it's not just dead as a DPS who stands in the fire, it's dead as a level 1 player trying a level 50 raid in starter gear. Oneshot dead.

[Glyph]
    AffiliateId=9999
    DownloadId=1
    ShortcutId=1
    Language=English
    BetaOptIn=True

Interestingly, if I start the PC in safe mode with networking, then Glyph starts, can even start the download for Rift there. Reboot, and once more it's dead.

So, video drivers? NVidia 1070 card. Update to the latest, just in case.
    Other Games? Ubisoft Steep, NMS and The Hunter, Steam (but not using steams rift.)

OK, fine, kill off a few things in task manager that are not related to Windows, including the windows defender cloud submission service + all the ASUS MB stuff...

Run Glyph... It updates to beta and runs!

Reboot... Glyph still runs despite all those services being back.

So maybe, for other people having problems. Do the beta as in Brasse's post. reboot in safe mode with networking. Run glyph. Run glyph again to get the beta... and then it might work.
    Last edited by Shibi; 04-29-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarimner View Post
    Two things are mentioned on the forum, one being moving the Master Volume slider a bit and the other installing DirectX 9.0c.

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...dows-10-a.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...-no-sound.html
    There must be something else to do. Going back from DirectX 12 to DirectX 9? This is ridiculous. That's the only game not working. I think I'm gonna ask the devs if they know something about it.

But thanks anyway

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpen View Post
    Going back from DirectX 12 to DirectX 9? This is ridiculous.
    There is no "going back". You're fine to install DX9. It won't interfere with any newer version on your PC.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    On the creators update and a returning player who wanted to restart playing Rift today after being away quite a while (I was on Windows 7 when I last played):

Downloaded the glyph installer from the website, ran it, clicked the glyph icon on my desktop and nothing happens. Followed all the debugging, no difference. Installing DirectX9.0c as above doesn't change it.

Glyph doesn't starts it's not just dead as a DPS who stands in the fire, it's dead as a level 1 player trying a level 50 raid in starter gear. Oneshot dead.

[Glyph]
    AffiliateId=9999
    DownloadId=1
    ShortcutId=1
    Language=English
    BetaOptIn=True

Interestingly, if I start the PC in safe mode with networking, then Glyph starts, can even start the download for Rift there. Reboot, and once more it's dead.

So, video drivers? NVidia 1070 card. Update to the latest, just in case.
    Other Games? Ubisoft Steep, NMS and The Hunter, Steam (but not using steams rift.)

OK, fine, kill off a few things in task manager that are not related to Windows, including the windows defender cloud submission service + all the ASUS MB stuff...

Run Glyph... It updates to beta and runs!

Reboot... Glyph still runs despite all those services being back.

So maybe, for other people having problems. Do the beta as in Brasse's post. reboot in safe mode with networking. Run glyph. Run glyph again to get the beta... and then it might work.

I followed this idea and it worked for me as well. But, for those new to Windows 10. The restart into safe mode has changed. http://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-way...ode-windows-10 If the link works click away. If not, copy/paste. BUT, I CAN FINALLY PLAY AGAIN!!!!!

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey View Post
    I followed this idea and it worked for me as well. I CAN FINALLY PLAY AGAIN!!!!!
    Thanks a whole lot, Shibi! Once I was able to start Glyph in Safe Mode it updated. I rebooted. RIFT's downloading and it's all looking good.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    WORKAROUND - please try this testing version of Glyph and report back if you have success or not!

1. Press start key and search: %LOCALAPPDATA%
    2. Open the Glyph Folder
    3. Open the GlyphClient cfg file in Notepad
    4. Change 'BetaOptIn=False' to 'BetaOptIn=True'
    5. Save the file
    6. Attempt to relaunch Glyph and the newest Glyph Beta build should download
    **7. Download the new installer from here: http://download.dyn.triongames.com/b...TFORM-1001.exe

We are very interested in knowing if this new version of Glyph fixes the issues, because if it does we can take the necessary steps to deploying it to live for everyone to use.
    Windows update occurred today 4/30 at mid day. Glyph and Rift were running normally before the update. After the update, Glyph launches, but crashes when it attempts to execute Rift. I followed the advice as quoted, but my BetaOptin was already true. http://download.dyn.triongames.com/b...TFORM-1001.exe returns an error of file not found:

No webpage was found for the web address: http://download.dyn.triongames.com/b...TFORM-1001.exe
    HTTP ERROR 404
    Last edited by Stabbem; 04-30-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Soulwalker

Rift was working fine 12 hours ago. Today the Win10 Creator upgrade came through. Since then:
    • Click Glyph Icon and Opening window appears. Word "Play" is red and ready to go
    • Press "Play"
    • Game Verifies
    • Goes to black screen then immediately comes back to an error window
    • Window is the "Send Report and Restart the Game" or "Send Report and Close" one.

This happens every time, including the send-and-restart times.

I have tried the Beta Login suggestion. As previously mentioned the link for a new installer is broken. So changed Beta to true and tried the old Glyph login. Everything started well, updates downloaded and installed ... But pressing "Play" ended up with the same "Send and Restart" error window.
    Last edited by Kyttn; 05-01-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kyttn View Post
    Rift was working fine 12 hours ago. Today the Win10 Creator upgrade came through. Since then:
    • Click Glyph Icon and Opening window appears. Word "Play" is red and ready to go
    • Press "Play"
    • Game Verifies
    • Window is the "Send Report and Restart the Game" or "Send Report and Close" one.

I have tried the Beta Login suggestion. As previously mentioned the link for a new installer is broken. So changed Beta to true and tried the old Glyph login. Everything started well, updates downloaded and installed ... But pressing "Play" ended up with the same "Send and Restart" error window.
    This is identical to my results for the last 24 hours since Windows updated. Furthermore, I have switched from 64 to 32 bit, downloaded, and the problem remained. I switched back to 64 bit. I manually downloaded DX 9 as previously suggested, without improvement. I ran Glyph in admin mode, with no improvement. I ran glyph update in safe-mode with no improvement. And I deleted Glyph and re-downloaded it with no improvement.

My version of Glyph reports as TEST-103-848-A-188788 in the Glyph:Settings:General tab
    Last edited by Stabbem; 05-01-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Soulwalker

• Press "Play"
    • Game Verifies

I have just tried running the Beta updated Glyph in 32-Bit mode and it works! It still does NOT work in 64-Bit mode.

Soulwalker

Goes to black screen then immediately comes back to an error window
    Window is the "Send Report and Restart the Game" or "Send Report and Close" one.

-later-

I have just tried running the Beta updated Glyph in 32-Bit mode and it works! It still does NOT work in 64-Bit mode.
    The problem persists 100% of the time for me, in 32 as well as 64 bit. I hope Trion has not given up on this problem.

Soulwalker

Switching to 32bit didn't do anything for me either. Attached a dump from speccy if that helps figure something out.
    Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast