+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph login not asking for authenticator code

Default Glyph login not asking for authenticator code

Today I added the Glyph mobile authenticator to my account.

It added successfully to my account and yet neither the website or the glyph launhcer asks for a code. My account page said the authenticator was successfully added.

Is this a known bug?

I have since removed the authenitcator since it wasn't working. (I have the IOS version)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The authenticator should only ask you to input the code if it detects a different IP address? It's been so long since mine asked me for a code i forget now but i'm on a static broadband address so all variations of the IP address have been white listed.

Unless i suddenly seem to be playing from Outer Mongolia the Rift authenticator is kept happy.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Please submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com so that our Technical Support team can investigate this issue with you.

Default Kinda simular issue !

Quote Originally Posted by Taristar View Post
    Today I added the Glyph mobile authenticator to my account.

It added successfully to my account and yet neither the website or the glyph launhcer asks for a code. My account page said the authenticator was successfully added.

Is this a known bug?

I have since removed the authenitcator since it wasn't working. (I have the IOS version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The authenticator should only ask you to input the code if it detects a different IP address? It's been so long since mine asked me for a code i forget now but i'm on a static broadband address so all variations of the IP address have been white listed.

Unless i suddenly seem to be playing from Outer Mongolia the Rift authenticator is kept happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesk View Post
    Please submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com so that our Technical Support team can investigate this issue with you.
    In the past month or so my wife and myself have been traveling for her work. No matter what state we were in or how many different IP addresses we ended up connecting from (Hotel, Apartments, Offices, etc) I believe we have only had to enter a code maybe once.

Kinda scary considering it is supposed to ask for a code each time the ip changes.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Please keep in mind that the Glyph Security Code is different from the Glyph Mobile Authenticator. The Glyph Security system is always in place, and requires a new code to be input when a new IP address or MAC address is found. The Glyph Mobile Authenticator is an optional addition, which requires a separate application on a supported device.

+ Reply to Thread