+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild chat broken

Soulwalker

Default Guild chat broken

Nearly a week now when i try to talk in guild chat it say´s im not in a guild to me and everyone else in the guild Same problem to few other guilds it seems on eu shards.

Guildname is obscuritas on brutwacht

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart78 View Post
    Nearly a week now when i try to talk in guild chat it say´s im not in a guild to me and everyone else in the guild Same problem to few other guilds it seems on eu shards.

Guildname is obscuritas on brutwacht
    Same here for our guild. EU-Brutwacht Guild: <ist flauschig>

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Hey there! One potential way to fix this is to leave your current guild and rejoin. Hopefully that will help!
    Need help? Contact our Customer Support team here!

Trion Worlds Support Center
    @TrionHelp
    facebook.com/TrionHelp

There were two things in the past which caused this problem. It is a bit complicated however, it comes down to two things.

1. Is the guild you are in really, really large? Like over 1,000 people?

2. If the guild is large and you are running BIS calendar, and you transferred shards and joined that guild with the addon loaded, you will have this problem.

Those are the main culprits that i have found over the years running a super large guild.

If you simply remove yourself or get someone to kick you out and rejoin, it won't help. Unless it is something new that has popped up.. Also, remember, do not join a guild immediately after reset or you might run into sync errors. The same thing happens if you create a brand new toon directly after reset. Just some thoughts to keep in mind.

I hope you figure it out.. We had a few people in my former guild never able to join and speak in guild chat or be promoted.. it would always say:
    1. Player in inactive
    2. Player is not part of your guild

lol
    OneButton (RIP Super)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniChaos View Post
    Hey there! One potential way to fix this is to leave your current guild and rejoin. Hopefully that will help!

No we tried that, and it didn´t work

Sword of Telara

Our guild chat on Brutwacht was also broken for most people since hotfix #18 on Friday, and at least for me it works again after hotfix #19. Whatever it is, it looks very much like an issue with server not coming up or down cleanly, leaving your guild borked until the next restart.

Our guild is neither very large, nor did anyone join or shard transfer recently, nor do I think anyone uses BIScal (does it even work anymore?), it just stopped working with a hotfix and got back (hopefully for all members) with another hotfix.

-edit-
    And yes, I can confirm that leaving and rejoining the guild does nothing to fix the issue, it's apparently the guild that's bugged, not the player.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 03-01-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    it just stopped working with a hotfix and got back (hopefully for all members) with another hotfix.
    I can confirm this because it also happened to my Guild twice now (Guild was formed on day one of Headstart) so we had to wait a week in both cases until the weekly reset on Wednesday.

On both times i know we weren't using BiS Calendar because i uninstalled it due to it causing major lag each time i logged on due to it updating a rather large Guild roster.

There is another hotfix coming tomorrow morning at 2am so hopefully that will sort the issues out for anyone still having it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5292838

As a workaround what we did was just created a new chat channel and had all members join that, only issue is keep it secret, don't want non Guildies snooping on your business.

Soulwalker

Works now after today´s fix

+ Reply to Thread