+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Huzbub
  • 1 Post By Hepatits

Thread: Crafting skill stuck at 524, Please Help!

Soulwalker

Default Crafting skill stuck at 524, Please Help!

Hello,

Starting a thread to track on an issue I'm having with leveling a crafting skill. Looking for a sanity check here folks, please let me know what your experience has been.

I log in almost every day to do my daily crafting skills on my alts and have done so since StarFall Prophecy was released. I had several transcendent troves so I used them too (exp, token, skill sphere). On 4 characters all of their crafting skills were fairly quickly at the new maximum (525).

Then one day I happened to notice, as going through the daily routine to gather up craftsman tokens to get the new recipes, that one of my characters skills was not at 525. How odd I thought. Still some time on the skill sphere, nothing to fret about, it will tick up soon for certain. To be clear, I really have no idea how long it was stuck prior to this but I suspect a while as I've amassed many crafting recipes through this daily chore.

So in goes a ticket to support to which I get the following response:
    Once you reach this high of a level, please be aware it can take weeks or months of crafting orange/yellow items to increase this skill, even when using items that provide bonuses.

To me, this doesn't ring true. Seems to me with the transcendent skill sphere a skill up per hard or even a double skill up was pretty common. Occasional skips sure, 2 tries for an uptick. but come on - weeks or months for a single point of movement? Hey, if I'm wrong please someone chime in and share.

So with the skill sphere still going I did a daily (orange) and crafted a few of the highest level (hard) items and still nothing.

Pinged support back on the open ticket hoping to get someone to check on this before my sphere runs out and got this followed by a note that support will no longer respond to my requests.
    Senior GM Soulwalker ...as I said before, it is normal for it to take weeks, even months of consistently crafting orange/yellow items to increase a single point.

Please share your experiences with leveling up crafting. I know fishing is different

Not sure how it matters but its armorsmith that is stuck at 524.

Thank you!

If you're crafting an orange item it's supposed to be an automatic skill up, not weeks or months. If you don't have an orange craftable go buy one off Rob. If you're using the daily skill up to level the craft there's a chance that the fix they made preventing skill ups via dailies got unpatched. I'm not saying this is the answer, but it's something to check.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Ascendant

It took me about 15 crafting dailies to go from 524 to 525. Only just got it 2 days ago on Outfitter. The recipe was yellow though.
    Last edited by Archyface; 02-26-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Soulwalker

Wow, thanks. Just wondering Archy - without the 160% boost I'm guessing?

Ascendant

Yeah this was without any boosts at all.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Soulwalker

Another day, and another two attempts without moving the needle.

The daily crafting (yellow) and an amender (yellow). Transcendent skill boost (+%160) still burning with a 5 min left on it.

This brings me up to no less than 11 tries (yellow) to get from 524 to 525 Armorsmith with the skill up orb going. I say no less than as I only started tracking a week ago when I noticed. It is likely more.

Again, support has indicated they will not respond and this is not an issue which is not very 'support like'.

Guessing it's not happening to anyone else, which is great. But I've had issues before that took them months to work through then they find it was indeed a bug.

Hopefully tomorrow some freegin miriacle will allow a skill up..

Rift Disciple

The tick from 524 to 525 using just the daily (which was yellow at that point) did take me several days on a couple of different crafts, weapons and outfitter both, as i recall. I finally just used an orange recipe that wasn't a daily to force both to 525, so for me, the orange (as opposed to yellow) was what it took.

+ Reply to Thread