+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Objects and npcs reloading over and over again and can't repair client

Default Objects and npcs reloading over and over again and can't repair client

Yup.
    Every time I think they're loaded I'll go somewhere else nearby and come back to see them loading all over again.
    Is this normal?
    I think my client mentioned it might be corrupt which could explain this, but I can't find the 'recover' or 'repair' option anywhere on glyph, on Steam, on the client files, anywhere, so I'm unsure how to repair my client and see if that'll fix things.

This is probably normal as the client manages memory usage. Without a video/pics/better description, I doubt there's anything for you to repair.
    You can improve the situation by teleporting to a shard with fewer players.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    This is probably normal as the client manages memory usage. Without a video/pics/better description, I doubt there's anything for you to repair.
    You can improve the situation by teleporting to a shard with fewer players.

My apologies, I'll take a screenshot in a moment and try to be more specific in the meantime.
    The issue is more that things will load at the very last moment, like I'll be walking then the game has to go to a loading screen for stuff that I already went through a loading screen to show up.
    And no instances, usually npcs and large structures.
    I think something is off, but maybe it IS shard related?
    I don't see many other players in the area though...

Something like how the NPCs take a while to appear in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSrnurr8P0 ? It's more pronounced on busy shards.

But that is normal. And annoying. As for why they do it when you walk away and come back, the client presumably evicts them from memory when you walk away, to make space for other players / NPCs.

If you have less than 4GB RAM, more RAM may help you. if you don't have one, an SSD that you install RIFT on will help with your loading screens. But past that it's a problem of the client, not anything that's wrong with your install.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Customer Support

Hello RainyCake!

Please try these steps to recover your game in Glyph:

1. Launch the Glyph client
    2. Select RIFT in the left column
    3. Right-click on RIFT and select 'Repair'
    4. Allow the repair process to go through
    5. Attempt to relaunch your game

If the issue persists, please try the steps listed on this page. Then, please contact our support team by submitting a ticket.
    Need help? Contact our Customer Support team here!

Trion Worlds Support Center
    @TrionHelp
    facebook.com/TrionHelp

+ Reply to Thread