+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ZamboniChaos

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Game crash in 64Bits when you click on the Addons button

Default Game crash in 64Bits when you click on the Addons button

Ok, i'd like to let them know about it, not sure if posted anywhere else but here i go.

If i run the game in 64Bits with NO addons at all i can get in and do stuff but if i tried to open the Addons window in order to activate some of them it crashs every single time with just clicking on Addons button in the Menu.

Not happening in 32Bits.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Hey there! There a few issues with the 64-bit version of the client at the moment and we're working to resolve them. Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniChaos View Post
    Hey there! There a few issues with the 64-bit version of the client at the moment and we're working to resolve them. Thanks for the report!
    Thanks for the fast answer
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Default rift_64.exe - Application Error. (0xc000007b)

rift_64.exe - Application Error

Every time I start Rift through Glyph I get rift_64.exe - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. Need help!

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Talldude View Post
    rift_64.exe - Application Error

Every time I start Rift through Glyph I get rift_64.exe - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. Need help!
    Hey there Talldude! The first thing I'd recommend trying is completely closing your Glyph client. In order to make sure it's closed completely, open your task manager and make sure all Glyph processes have been ended. Then, relaunch your client and see if you're still having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    Ok, i'd like to let them know about it, not sure if posted anywhere else but here i go.

If i run the game in 64Bits with NO addons at all i can get in and do stuff but if i tried to open the Addons window in order to activate some of them it crashs every single time with just clicking on Addons button in the Menu.

Not happening in 32Bits.
    This has happened to me some time during beta as well, I have reported this numerous times. It got better at one point, when you could open the add-on window, and load a few add-ons, but it would always crash the game eventually. I switched back to 32-bit because of it.

This is NOT because of the add-ons themselves. It's the way the LUA script engine is integrated in the 64-bit version. Buy the looks of it some exceptions or events are not handled properly, causing the client (Rift) to crash.
    -- xcal

Soulwalker

Default Tried Everything - Still Can't Log In

Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniChaos View Post
    Hey there Talldude! The first thing I'd recommend trying is completely closing your Glyph client. In order to make sure it's closed completely, open your task manager and make sure all Glyph processes have been ended. Then, relaunch your client and see if you're still having this issue.
    I've made sure Glyph is completely closed, including re-installing both Glyph and Rift. I've tried rebooting the computer, I've made sure my Windows update is current, including Direct-X and.Net Framework. Nothing seems to be working.

Please help.

Soulwalker

Default Game will not start in 64bit.

Having the same error as talldude. Did everything listed and still get the same error.

Soulwalker

Default Short-Term Solution

I was able to get the game started in 32-bit mode. Just open Glyph, select the Settings tab, select the General tab, and change "CPU" from 64 to 32.

+ Reply to Thread