Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Razer Naga?

Default Razer Naga?

Has anyone used the Razer Naga in RIFT yet?Im concidering buying one but want to be sure it is supported in RIFT.

:Vysceral-High Elf Rogue:
    :Ammwyn(Amwynn)-Mathosian Warrior:

Banned

... how you imagine the support? Those extra 12 keys send same signals as a god damn keyboard - either 1234567890-= or numpad version of these (there's a switch on the back of mouse to change from numeric keys to numpad keys). Ir you can bind in ANY RPG 1234567890-=, Razer naga will work.

Personally I use numpad keys from Naga, as you can easily press `123456 with your hand.

But seriously tho, nor Trion, nor Razer supports Naga in Rift.
    Last edited by Deviltry; 02-02-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Wow man,it was just a question..the reason I asked is because for Wow they have an Addon for the Naga that lets you use a GUI to Bind your keys and I was not sure if that was mandatory or not.

Besides,if you have'nt used the Naga,your input is not what Im seeking..Im looking for someone who has actually used it in the Betas.

:Vysceral-High Elf Rogue:
    :Ammwyn(Amwynn)-Mathosian Warrior:

I got my Razer Naga Epic just a while ago and it works fine. Also, you don't have to assign it to just the number keys. You have have it use either the number keys, the keypad number keys, or customize it via the software included with the mouse.

So say you want to use F1 through F12 as you keys and change those as the binding in your game, you can do that, and then use the number keys for a second hotbar, thus, giving you more keys to use.

It works fine, all games are supported through the software, and I'm loving my Razer Naga Epic. Grab the Epic over the regular if you can find it, they made some nice improvements.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 02-03-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

Here's the Razer post showing the info you are looking for OP

http://www.getimba.com/naga-epic/drivers.html
    Last edited by Walsingham; 03-24-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Rude

Soulwalker

The naga works sweet. I just use the numpad for keybinds right now although ive used -=[]\;',./ in the past. Also great for using cntrl, alt, and shift with both hands in their same position the whole time. The 2 index key fingers are great too for like tanks when you need to switch stances or macroing all your pots there to go off at the same time. Also, you can create macros which is great for stacking heals or instant cast/incast cast or insatnt cast/cast. You can do it all really with adding timers to your macros creating all kinds of options.

I have a G13 and a Naga and if your only getting one or the other the G13 is nite and day better than the Naga.

yeah I have the older one and I like it. I cant make it do some of the stuff the epic can do but its still worth the money. I will say this though, it took a while for my thumb to learn the buttons 'cause they are rather small but after about 2 days I had it pretty much wired. I do catch myself reverting back to the keyboard if things start to go sideways nut what are ya gonna do?

Telaran

yes u can use naga with rift or any other game, no its not supported aka GUI wow style.

btw Razer nostromo + Razer naga ftw, no more keyboard on your pvp table
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 02-03-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

Soulwalker

Default Overall a good mouse.

It's nice having 12 buttons under your thumb. Takes considerable workload off of your multi-tasking keyboard hand.

The mouse is smaller, a little narrow for my hand. My pinky finger is usually left floating which sometimes leads to a cramped grip after awhile.

It takes some time to learn the thumb grid keys, was awkward at first. hard to find the correct key, kept pressing multiple keys at the same time ect. With dedicated and repetitive practice, you build up a comfortable sense of digit memory. It becomes natural.

The driver/profiler software allows all 17 buttons on the mouse to be reconfigured and macro'd. There is a hardware switch on the base of the mouse that will toggle the thumb grid to mimic either the top row of keys on your keyboard, or the numeric keypad. This switch may have been made redundant and thus omitted from the new wireless version.

In it's default out-of-the-box state, the thumb grid will activate all the abilities on your primary action bar. Just drop actions onto the bar and you are off. No need for addons.
    Last edited by Schpam; 02-03-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Schpam View Post
    It's nice having 12 buttons under your thumb. Takes considerable workload off of your multi-tasking keyboard hand.

The mouse is smaller, a little narrow for my hand. My pinky finger is usually left floating which sometimes leads to a cramped grip after awhile.

It takes some time to learn the thumb grid keys, was awkward at first. hard to find the correct key, kept pressing multiple keys at the same time ect. With dedicated and repetitive practice, you build up a comfortable sense of digit memory. It becomes natural.

The driver/profiler software allows all 17 buttons on the mouse to be reconfigured and macro'd. There is a hardware switch on the base of the mouse that will toggle the thumb grid to mimic either the top row of keys on your keyboard, or the numeric keypad. This switch may have been made redundant and thus omitted from the new wireless version.

In it's default out-of-the-box state, the thumb grid will activate all the abilities on your primary action bar. Just drop actions onto the bar and you are off. No need for addons.
    this is why you did get some stickers and a manuel where to put them to train yourself xD
    Last edited by ScorpionDK; 02-03-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aengar View Post
    Has anyone used the Razer Naga in RIFT yet?Im concidering buying one but want to be sure it is supported in RIFT.
    Yup, I've used the Naga in every RiFT beta and it works perfectly.

There is no in-game addon currently like there is for wow or war but its not needed anyway and I don't miss it in RiFT.

It works just fine for me aswell.
    Im real happy with my Naga both in Warhammer and in Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloctinar View Post
    yes u can use naga with rift or any other game, no its not supported aka GUI wow style.
    Actually... since you can bind individual action bar slots and the Naga software lets you reprogram individual buttons anyway, can't you e.g. have four action bars at the bottom and use the top right 4x3 region for the Naga? That way you'd still have a graphical representation of the Naga's buttons without any specific support required.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 02-03-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Edited the quote

RIFT Fan Site Operator fata13xception's Avatar

It works great! I love mine and, although I can't justify spending that kind of money on a mouse, I think I would force myself to get another one should this one break... I don't think I could go back.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast