+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The digital signature of the update could not be verified (error #6005

Default The digital signature of the update could not be verified (error #6005

Since the Wednesday update, I think, both Wednesday and Thursday, when I have run Glyph, I get the following error message:

Update failed
    The digital signature of the update could not be verified (error #6005:24592). It is not recommended to install this update, especially if you are on an untrusted network. Would you still like to proceed with installation?
    [Yes] [No]

I have been choosing Yes, and then it seems to update OK and I am able to access the game, however, the whole "Not recommended to install" thing is a bit worrisome. Any idea what is going on? Should I.. report this somehow? Or maybe uninstall and reinstall the game..? I don't use Steam (though I have it on the computer, for other games, but I don't use it with Rift), just Glyph, and pretty much just to play Rift (though sometimes Trove, but mainly Rift). My computer is running Windows Vista, and I don't think I've made any changes recently. Java wants me to update it, but I haven't done that yet. My Mom is having the same message appear on her computer when she runs Glyph also. (I think she has Windows Vista too, though I am not 100% sure)

Thanks.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Try this, type into Windows search:

%localappdata%

Delete the Glyph folder you find there, this will 'reset' Glyph and get rid of any corrupt or left over files, it might or might not work

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Try this, type into Windows search:

%localappdata%

Delete the Glyph folder you find there, this will 'reset' Glyph and get rid of any corrupt or left over files, it might or might not work
    Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestion.
    I have done what you suggested, and when I started Glyph afterwards, the prompt to update did not reappear. I am not sure if it fixed it, or if I have to wait until there is another update ready to be installed, to see. I will try to remember to post another update here, after there is another Glyph update. Thanks again!

Default Still getting (error #6005:24592)

Today was the first time since I last reported that Glyph itself did a self update, and that is where the message appears. Seems to be an issue with Glyph rather than with Rift. Is there somewhere else I should be reporting this? Still seems to run OK when I choose yes on the error, it just bothers me that the error is appearing at all. Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD:
    I went ahead and contacted Glyph/Trion support via chat (since I'm a patron, whee/yay), just to report the error. I think they're going to look into it. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep playing, and if the error reappears tomorrow, I'mma try that same deleting the Glyph folder in localappdata again as before. Thx.
    Last edited by Satureja; 04-21-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Soulwalker

I get that error after every Glyph update. Drives me mad. When I click Yes, I get another error and can't continue, so the fact yours works is a plus.

To get around this I have to completely uninstall my antivirus (Bullguard), then run a repair on Glyph and that seems to fix it - until Glyph gets updated again. Very annoying to have to do though.

Soulwalker

Having the same issue here.

Soulwalker

Any progress? Still unable to resolve this.

Have you completely reinstalled Glyph?

+ Reply to Thread