+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I can't see in droughtlands

Default I can't see in droughtlands

A recent change has made it so everything outside in Droughtlands is grayed out. Inside Lantern Hook is fine. Shimmersand and Freemarch are fine. But as soon as I cross over into Droughtlands, everything turns gray and I can't tell where I am or am going without the map. Even on top of Lantern Hook is gray and invisible. I thought I might have a corrupted file, but I updated the PTS and that has the same problem. I tried changing the video settings to minimal and to ultra and some places between to no effect. Is it some kind of sandstorm effect gone bad? If so, how do I disable it? I am completely unable to play in that zone as of the last few weeks. It definitely started recently, well after the Planetouched Wilds expansion, so it is not that.

Full discolosure: I am running linux, but I have been doing that since rift left beta and have not had any similar issue with a single zone. Everything else works perfectly at this point.

Suggestions?

and now with no change on my part, it works again. What's up with that? I still suspect a weather-related graphics issue, but who knows?

Telaran

I have this exact same issue. It started with the new sky in droughtlands that it sometimes has since PTW's arrival. If I am using the low quality renderer I see this in the zone:
    http://i.imgur.com/OoIgKNX.jpg

However if I am near a rift, or foothold, I can see perfectly fine. It's only when this new sky i droughtlands is present. I can see on the normal renderer just fine, however my pc runs very slowly i droughtlands on that one, which is why i use the low quality option.

Please look into this.

I thought I was going insane! Nobody believed me, but this exact thing is happening to me. When the sun is up in Droughtlands and I'm out of Lantern Hook, it's all grey. Nighttime works fine or anywhere where I am not exposed to the "sky" during the "day".

https://imgur.com/a/Nmg23
    Last edited by Lorash; 02-24-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added image

+ Reply to Thread