+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift wont update; 1008 error

Soulwalker

Default Rift wont update; 1008 error

Since Wed's patch night Rift will no longer update. It keeps giving me a 1008 error.

I have tried everything reported on the website for this issue and nothing seems to work.

I have also opened a ticket and no one has replied back to it as of right now. Request #255205

I have uninstalled both Glyph and Rift and reinstalled and still doesn't work. I have made all exe's run in admin per Trion faq instructions.

I have 2 computers and my other computer can update just fine. It looks to be the library_manifest.txt that is causing the issue

If I drop this file from the other computer it works... but it keeps making it a locked file so Glyph wont update it. Had to drop it in again a few hours ago as there was apparently another small update today....

Looking for anyone from Trion, tech support, on this site or the world support center...... to reply.

Or if anyone else out there knows a fix Im willing to try it since Trion support has failed me for days.

Thanks for the help!

Soulwalker

Ok update...

after finding my fix I am now getting the error 1003....

Soulwalker

Another update:

Apparently if I spam click the play button.. I get the 1003 error but it still plays the game......

Soulwalker

After the latest update this problem no longer exists...

Nothing has changed as the problem was there the night before... nothing new happened...
    I clicked on update and everything worked.

+ Reply to Thread