+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Payment issues ?

Default Payment issues ?

During the original up time yesterday I attempted to add patron time to my wife's account as hers had ran out.

I tried to add new payment methods and it was not working for what ever reason. I attempted several known good payment methods. It would just delete the information I was adding without saving anything. So then I attempted to reauthorize Paypal as a payment method and it went to Paypal's site and everything said was OK and authorized. However Paypal did not show up as an authorized payment method after that. Then I attempted to use the one payment method that was already saved and I know has money available on it. It did not work.

So after all this to say the least I was frustrated. I assumed it might be something to do with the patch so I waited. During this time the servers were down again for a while and I waited until late last night after server were up and decided I would just get credits on my own account and gift her the Patron subscription.

Well I went into my account an attempted to use the saved payment methods I had that I know are valid and have money available. No joy, on any payment method. So as a last resort I went in game via steam and attempted to purchase credits using my steam wallet that has money available. Yes, you guess correctly, even a steam wallet purchase did not work.

In the end I had to go and purchase REX in game for platinum at an inflated price just to get her Patron.

Is anyone else having these issues or am I just the victim of some odd prank? lol
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 07-16-2015 at 03:14 AM.

<O└d Skool>

Champion

I have the same problem. I wanted to buy the 100 + bonus mount pack but the in-game store declines the purchase due to "security reasons on our side" and it tells me to contact customer service. I also got an email that linked the store website but there I wouldn't get the bonus mount with the 100 pack. Tried to make this purchase 2 days in a row without any luck and have now opened a ticket with CS. No answer as of yet.

(things like this are a serious turn off to me and as a result I probably won't buy the credits + mount after all)

Telaran

I've been having this issue as well. I set up my Paypal to go to my Paypal Credit account so I could, if I felt like it, buy a silly amount of credits and pay it off over time. I keep getting this "We're sorry but this purchase cannot be completed at this time" error.

I can use my Paypal Credit for anything other than Rift. If I set it to use my debit card instead though, it works fine. Really annoying.

Champion

Ok, this is getting annoying.

I was able to buy credits for 5 with my credit card from the in-game shop, so my payment method of choice technically works. However, I still can't buy the 100 + bonus mount with the same payment method. It's being declined due to "security issues". Customer support has answered quickly but wasn't helpful at all. They're sending nothing but automatic replies that do not even deal with my problem.

(I guess I'll find out how often I have to reply to their messages before someone actually looks at my complaint. I'm currently in round 3.)

Soulwalker

Troubles dont end here. I've got my credits, but still can't spend it in shop coz of error >_<

Yeah. I can buy anything I want online (like 5 Power Packs for instance) but can't buy anything while in the game. Good thing I don't really like the thresher mounts....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Champion

Good to know that I'm not alone with this issue. It's really bothering me. I haven't even changed my payment method in years and it always worked. Now they put out these special offers and all of a sudden there's security issues? Yeah... right. Well, actually I'm glad now that I saved money that's clearly better spent elsewhere.

4 days and still havent been able to even add credit card to my account (last one expired had to update). Opened a ticket the same day, still no response. Multiboxer here, guess they dont want my 400$.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

We are indeed looking into these issues on the engineering side and will get back to you when we have any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    I have the same problem. I wanted to buy the 100 + bonus mount pack but the in-game store declines the purchase due to "security reasons on our side" and it tells me to contact customer service. I also got an email that linked the store website but there I wouldn't get the bonus mount with the 100 pack. Tried to make this purchase 2 days in a row without any luck and have now opened a ticket with CS. No answer as of yet.

(things like this are a serious turn off to me and as a result I probably won't buy the credits + mount after all)

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    We are indeed looking into these issues on the engineering side and will get back to you when we have any updates.
    Thnx for the update Snedhepl

Spewin I want to buy something

+ Reply to Thread