Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 - Our Current Status

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Post Windows 10 - Our Current Status

As of today (July 27), and barring any last-minute changes made by Microsoft, ALL Trion games are ready for Windows 10 release.

If you have any issues after Win 10 is released, please contact our tech support team! https://support.trionworlds.com

Game on!
    Brasse

Hello all!

Windows 10 is just around the corner – beta versions are already in use by several people. Trion is working hard on making sure that our games support Windows 10, just as quickly as we possibly can. Your continued posts and feedback have been extremely helpful to date, and we hope that those of you on Win10 already will continue to help us help everyone!

Since Windows 10 still in beta, it is being updated frequently. This makes it a moving target for us – the compatibility fixes we make from one Win10 update to the next don’t always stick as a result.
    In the meantime, if something is under the “in progress” header, it means it may or may not work based on Microsoft’s latest update. We expect this to settle down as Microsoft gets closer to the formal, stable release.

Here is our current status as of June 4, 2015 – we will continue to update it as things change!

WIN10 SUPPORT IN PROGRESS:
    RIFT - Expected later in June
    DEFIANCE - Expected later in June
    TROVE - Evaluation testing in progress
    ARCHEAGE - Under evaluation

WIN10 CURRENTLY SUPPORTED:
    GLYPH CLIENT - Working, some graphical issues noted
    GLYPH ACCOUNT WEBSITES Working, some graphical issues noted
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 07-27-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks for the info Brasse! Much appreciated.

I hope it goes okay! Planning on upgrading as soon as it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I hope it goes okay! Planning on upgrading as soon as it releases.
    Well based on the fact that I just received notification on my system that Windows 10 is releasing on June 29th, I would certainly hope they have this resolved soon.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    Windows 10 is releasing on June 29th
    It's actually July 29th.

Soulwalker

Default Win 10, Direct X 12?

Hey,
    Did you plan to include Direct X 12 for lesser overhead on the CPU for graphic rendering? That would be the chance to accelerate the client for us user.
    My opinion is that Rift has much performance problems on mid an low systems. Only one of the fastest Intel CPU ( AMD has much to low single thread performance ) can manage that inefficient using of multithreading. Sry for that but in moment its fact.

Pls Trion take the chance and use the power of DX 12

Thank you for your efforts. As of right now, Rift is finally working with Windows 10 again. As most of the future builds of Windows 10 are supposed to be bug fixing and polish, hopefully it won't break again before release.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
    Thank you for your efforts. As of right now, Rift is finally working with Windows 10 again. As most of the future builds of Windows 10 are supposed to be bug fixing and polish, hopefully it won't break again before release.
    Can anyone else confirm this? Might install Win 10 again this weekend if so =D

Edit: Looks like a few people have already confirmed some luck with it. Guess I should of checked closer before posting =D
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...6-rift-13.html
    Last edited by Microbolt; 06-12-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Soulwalker

i can confirm this - since last update rift is running fine with Windows 10 Build 10074

Soulwalker

New Window's 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10147

Game Work Perfect now
    None error yet

Soulwalker

Preview above was working perfectly till today.

Windows 10 Pro Full just patched today for those of us in the insider program, currently Glyph will not work in compatibility mode for windows 7 or 8 as it stands, I've done extensive testing,

If your on windows 7 or 8 don't upgrade to windows 10 till this is resolved or you will not be able to play the game.

UPDATE Temp Solutuon: Many hours later:
    For those of you playing Archeage on windows 10 pro full (Patched up today from MS Insiders), you can get it working via steam download. not sure why it won't work with glyph direct download, I'm using imac on bootcamp i7 quad core, nvidia gtx 2g ram, 680x late 2012

Hope that helps others with this issue. See yeah in game!
    Last edited by Athayus Quan; 07-19-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Soulwalker

its all working fine for me on win 10 maybe your having problem because your on a mac in bootcamp

Soulwalker

Its working perfectly for me and even faster via steam install of the game, via the normal install after windows 10 it simply wouldn't work. All other games working perfect on windows 10 for me, glyph was the only one that had issue.

Also every time I close the game my Microsoft mouse (not wireless) freezes and I have to un plug the USB in and out to get my pointer working again. I've seen other having similar issues on non mac / bootcamp systems as well.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It seems build 10240 is 'officially' the RTM version so expect no major updates or changes now with just over 8 days to go.

Also:

"All pre-release product keys published earlier for builds of Windows 10 Insider Preview have been deactivated and will no longer activate any Preview builds, including Build 10240. This will not impact any devices that were activated in the past using those product keys.

We hope Insiders will continue to test Build 10240, which is only intended to be installed as an upgrade from a previously-activated version of Windows 10 Insider Preview – we do not support clean installs of Windows 10240. Windows 10 is intended to be installed on Genuine Windows devices, whether devices in the Windows Insider Program or those taking advantage of the free upgrade offer.
    We’re getting really close to the launch of Windows 10, and we’re looking to receive that final bit of feedback before we roll out the finished product!"
    Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...e203?wb&auth=1

Hmm... going to have to watch this thread closely until the issues are resolved. I received the free upgrade but don't want to update if I can't play anything haha.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast