Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 - Our Current Status

Quote Originally Posted by milw0rm View Post
    Also want to point out that if Rift is not working for you with Windows 10 its not Trions fault because the game runs better than ever with Windows 10.
    Really? for me it was exact opposite.
    Pegatron IPMMB-FM (intel Z75) + Intel i7 2600 / 2x4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue DDR 1600Mhz
    Cooler Master Force 500 / 120 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB / SilentiumPC Vero L1 500W (thx Irabank!)

Quote Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
    Really? for me it was exact opposite.
    It's odd. But for me, it was smooth. No issues with Rift. I made the transition with crossed fingers. I didn't do a clean install, just let it update Windows 8.1 to 10.

Soulwalker

Well - I upgraded to Windows 10 after seeing Trion's message that the game works with Windows 10.

WoW works for me on Windows 10.
    LOTRO works for me on Windows 10.

My NVIDIA graphics card shows up in Device Manager, and in a section of DXDIAG. It is detected and present on the computer.

I have other options other than Rift, and I will come back once either Trion resolves the issue, or Microsoft issues compatibility updates that allow the game to work again for me.

I installed DirectX 9 again.
    Installed latest NVIDIA drivers.
    Checked for latest Intel drivers (non issued).

Quote Originally Posted by Infensus View Post
    Well - I upgraded to Windows 10 after seeing Trion's message that the game works with Windows 10.

WoW works for me on Windows 10.
    LOTRO works for me on Windows 10.

My NVIDIA graphics card shows up in Device Manager, and in a section of DXDIAG. It is detected and present on the computer.

I have other options other than Rift, and I will come back once either Trion resolves the issue, or Microsoft issues compatibility updates that allow the game to work again for me.

I installed DirectX 9 again.
    Installed latest NVIDIA drivers.
    Checked for latest Intel drivers (non issued).
    Have you tried to disable the intel gpu? that would force it to use the nvidia gpu all the time i guess.

:: Zyrre :: Zyrres ::
    :: Last Dawn ::

Soulwalker

Default @ TrionBrasse

Your support NEVER replies... so what is the use?

Quote Originally Posted by milw0rm View Post
    Have you tried to disable the intel gpu? that would force it to use the nvidia gpu all the time i guess.
    Oh I read something about DX12 using both GPUs at the same time, with a 10% performance increase as a result over using only the dedicated graphics card...
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra
    (no longer playing the game)

Plane Touched

Im runnning windows 10 and i have this wird issue where regardless of graphical settings i never have over 20 fps. and in raids it goes down to like 5. (I can stand and look in to a wall and it is still like 13.)
    when i ran windows 7 i had at least 45 even during raids.

My spec is
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
    16gb ram
    geforce 970 forceware 356.62
    100mbit
    windows 10

Something else i remeber is that in win rift utilized at least 50% cpu in win 10 it is only about 25% can this has something to do with it ?

Soulwalker

Well - had time to do some more testing and what I found is that disabling the NVIDIA GPU to run the game, allows the game to work.

So - an NVIDIA 420M causes rift.exe to crash with NVIDIA drivers 353.62 installed. Running with integrated graphics allows the game to work.

I tried going through the settings individually in the NVIDIA control panel; to see if one setting allows the game to run with no success. I also tried turning all of the ON/OFF settings to OFF and still no success.

This issue still seems to be isolated to RIFT, since I can run other games, using the NVIDIA GPU.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Solved

OK - solved this issue for me. In case others want to do the same this was my solution to NVIDIA Windows 10 hell:

1 - Download drivers prior to Windows 10. I chose drivers from February 2015 compatible with Windows 8.1 64bit. You can search older drivers here:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Go to option 2 - first column on left "Beta and Older Drivers"

I downloaded 345.20 drivers which have been reported as stable on Win 10 (even though not listed that way on NVIDIA's site).

2 - I performed the install by also checking the option for "Clean Install". This removes the old drivers, settings, profiles, and performs a fresh install.

3 - After the second reboot and installation completes, you will need to stop Windows 10 from automatically updating the driver.

Follow instructions here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...source=twitter

4 - Go to NVIDIA Control Panel, "Manage 3D Settings".

On the Global Settings tab, choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the preferred graphics processor drop down. Then click on apply.

After doing this - I can run Rift again using my NVIDIA card.

Once NVIDIA releases new drivers, you can run the same show/hide utility to unhide NVIDIA future updates.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The best way to do a clean install of Nvidia or AMD Drivers is to use a program like Display Driver Uninstaller which will totally scour your hard drive or any left over files and ensure no issues.

clicky >> http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/dow...0v15.4.0.0.exe

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    WIN10 CURRENTLY SUPPORTED:
    GLYPH CLIENT - Working, some graphical issues noted
    GLYPH ACCOUNT WEBSITES Working, some graphical issues noted
    When are we expected to the "graphical issues" fixed? I play ArcheAge and Rift but I haven't had any issues with ArcheAge. When I logged into Rift yesterday I did notice some graphical issues since upgrading to Windows 10. I also use the Glyph Client to run Rift and ArcheAge, I was wondering if we should still contact support or should we wait (as it was already noted)?
    "Ascend-A-Friend" Rift Code: NNWCLZYYEWDJN3LQ3XJW
    "Refer-A-Friend" Devilian code to receive "Silver Whiskers Mask & Elara’s Blessing": 6CQQCJRYLE6RRTKGG9N7

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The best way to do a clean install of Nvidia or AMD Drivers is to use a program like Display Driver Uninstaller which will totally scour your hard drive or any left over files and ensure no issues.

clicky >> http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/dow...0v15.4.0.0.exe
    The issue is not a clean install. The issue is the NVIDIA drivers. NVIDIA drivers shipped with Windows 10, as well as after that (353.62) do not work with my GPU on Windows 10. Older Windows 8.1 drivers do work with Windows 10 and support Rift. That is the main content of my post. Not clean installs.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I can honestly say the latest drivers directly downloaded from Nvidia themselves,353.62 WHQL, are performing flawlessly, you just need to make sure Windows Update doesn't try to install it's "version" of 353.62 over them.

http://i.imgur.com/qKCvMcJ.jpg

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I can honestly say the latest drivers directly downloaded from Nvidia themselves,353.62 WHQL, are performing flawlessly, you just need to make sure Windows Update doesn't try to install it's "version" of 353.62 over them.

http://i.imgur.com/qKCvMcJ.jpg
    Yes - the drivers appear to work with the newer cards. However, with some of the older NVIDIA cards there are issues with some games. Reviewing the NVIDIA forums it appears I am not alone.

However, the older drivers (couple months ago) are allowing all of the games I was playing prior to July 29th, to work again as they were.

Once Microsoft releases some compatibility updates, and NVIDIA gets a few new updates under their belts, i'll re-install the Win 10 certified drivers and test again.

Thx,

I would suggest turning off windows 10s driver updates and manage them yourself.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast