Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Windows 10 - Our Current Status

Any news on this front ?
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Rift working just fine in Windows 10 so nothing to worry about if you are thinking about upgrading.

:: Zyrre :: Zyrres ::
    :: Last Dawn ::

Soulwalker

Hi Guys,

for me Rift is not working on Win 10, i get a strange overstreched screen with no mouse, canīt get in windowed mode either :/ btw all other games iīve tried are working (non Glyph games)

any suggestions ?

Specs:

Core i5 3220M - 8GB RAM - AMD Radeon HD 7970M - 1TB Samsung SSD

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

As of today (July 27), and barring any last-minute changes made by Microsoft, ALL Trion games are ready for Windows 10 release.

If you have any issues after Win 10 is released, please contact our tech support team! https://support.trionworlds.com

Game on!
    Brasse

Soulwalker

Default Rift - Windows 10

Thank you for confirming rift will work under windows 10.
    I'm planning on upgrading to windows 10 tomorrow (or as soon as they push the upgrade to me) and it was one of my many concerns.

Plane Touched

When will games work on Steam OS?
    Rokola@Faeblight
    Ranaa@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celly View Post
    When will games work on Steam OS?
    Since Steam OS is Linux based and Rift doesn't even have an OS X client yet I'd say about never.

Soulwalker

Just so you know - Today I updated from 8.1 to Win 10 and I wasn't able to run Rift. I tried a few things and with compatibility mode for Win 8 it started, but nothing worked.

After I read a few forums I found out, that it had to be a problem with DirectX. So I downloaded the "DirectX End-User Runtimes" and installed them. And what can I say - Rift is working again.

So you might want to install DirectX if you're having the same problems. You can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com

Windows 10 is running pretty well for me, the only thing I've noticed as being off is I have lost a few frames in Rift after the upgrade, but I had to reinstall my NVidia and Intel drivers too so it could be any number of things.
    Last edited by Necalli; 07-29-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    As of today (July 27), and barring any last-minute changes made by Microsoft, ALL Trion games are ready for Windows 10 release.

If you have any issues after Win 10 is released, please contact our tech support team! https://support.trionworlds.com

Game on!
    Brasse
    So - what is the expected turn-around time on a support ticket? I followed your advice and no response yet.

No problems here for running the Rift (after messing with crappy Glyph install!)
    But guys, what a ****ty performance game still showing even on i7 2600 with R9 290X, i ran to some 20 raid rift with High or Ultra settings and what did i seen? 50 percent CPU usage overall and 18fps? no thanks! .. uninstalled.
    Pegatron IPMMB-FM (intel Z75) + Intel i7 2600 / 2x4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue DDR 1600Mhz
    Cooler Master Force 500 / 120 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB / SilentiumPC Vero L1 500W (thx Irabank!)

Soulwalker

So...guessing I am now out of Rift.

I tried contacting support over live chat yesterday and pretty much ended up arguing with the guy that dxdiag shows the current running graphics card, not always the NVIDIA.

Per Nvidia Optimus technology, the Intel HD was showing in dxdiag, until a game is played, when it then should switch to NVIDIA.

Anyhow - still no resolution, and with my free 7 days of WoW, it is actually fun again since I haven't played in several years. I'll try back at Rift when it is stable with Windows 10.

Shame I am losing about a month of Patron due to this, but I think my time is worth more than what I paid.

Also - I don't see tech people even answering anyone on these forums. Nor do they answer the tech support tickets. So - unless you wait 30 minutes on live chat to "speak" to someone, the issues reported fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Infensus View Post

I tried contacting support over live chat yesterday and pretty much ended up arguing with the guy that dxdiag shows the current running graphics card, not always the NVIDIA.

Per Nvidia Optimus technology, the Intel HD was showing in dxdiag, until a game is played, when it then should switch to NVIDIA.

Anyhow - still no resolution, and with my free 7 days of WoW, it is actually fun again since I haven't played in several years. I'll try back at Rift when it is stable with Windows 10.

Shame I am losing about a month of Patron due to this, but I think my time is worth more than what I paid.

Also - I don't see tech people even answering anyone on these forums. Nor do they answer the tech support tickets. So - unless you wait 30 minutes on live chat to "speak" to someone, the issues reported fall on deaf ears.
    I was having an issue where my computer wasn't even seeing my nvidia card. It would use my Intel graphics card instead, and while that card could run the game my fps SUCKED. After digging around and trying a few things I noticed my nvidia card wasn't showing up in bios. I then found a bios update for my board and my nvidia card showed up after the update. After logging into win10 and manually installing the nvidia driver I'm back to my normal fps in game using the correct card.
    Last edited by Stanos; 08-01-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infensus View Post

Just get the latest drivers from nvidia : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    and make sure you have all the directx files you need: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35
    Last edited by milw0rm; 08-01-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Also want to point out that if Rift is not working for you with Windows 10 its not Trions fault because the game runs better than ever with Windows 10.
    Last edited by milw0rm; 08-01-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast