+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: repeated crashing, please help

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MoldyFrozenFruitJuice View Post
    Hey guys, we may have found a workaround to get you up and playing.

It looks like this is an issue in our error handler, and just killing rifterrorhandler.exe after starting the client makes the game playable.

We're still investigating what the actual problem is, but hopefully you can get playing now. Just start the client, open up the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), select rifterrorhandler.exe, mash the "End Process" button, and resume playing.

Of course, make sure you don't kill the wrong process. That would be bad.

Good luck, and let us know if it works.
    yea this does not work either it just stops the game after 10 mins instead of crashing it u then have to alt+ctrl+delte to get out of the game
    as far as i can see there aint even a hotfix planned for today this sucks really hard thinking of going to another game with my money cause this is just to much crap we r getting here..

Soulwalker

Its strange, like some other ppl have said it didnt start straight after the Rift update.

I had thought there was a Windows Vista 64 Update but on checking the Update History it says the last was on 15/April/2015.

There was a Glyph update around the time it started, though im not sure exactly when, no chance that couldve done something nasty ?

Edit:-
    Looking at my Windows Event Viewer log the first time I see this Aplication Error is 24/April/2015 04:55:15 (UK time)
    Last edited by Ihatepickingnames; 04-29-2015 at 03:59 AM.

Soulwalker

does rift patch tonight?

Soulwalker

So if we get a patch today and it does not work, then what, we have to wait another week for a fix?

Soulwalker

Aside from terrible jerky lag issues after a few hours of play (dumping memory issue maybe..?), the only other problem I've ever had is with the launcher always giving me an error 1038 - I get this every time I play, but the second time I launch it's usually fine. However, today I keep getting the error, and then suddenly the 'play' button switches to 'update' and then I'm told the latest patch is already installed, but I can't launch. Yesterday I updated my windows firewall, as well as Spybot Search and Destroy - coincidence? Either way, I can't play. I'm currently repairing the game, but may need to do a complete reinstall if that fails. Black days indeed...

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #96
    Rift Team

We tested Glyph extensively over the last weekend, that line of reasoning was a dead end however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepickingnames View Post
    Its strange, like some other ppl have said it didnt start straight after the Rift update.

I had thought there was a Windows Vista 64 Update but on checking the Update History it says the last was on 15/April/2015.

There was a Glyph update around the time it started, though im not sure exactly when, no chance that couldve done something nasty ?

Edit:-
    Looking at my Windows Event Viewer log the first time I see this Aplication Error is 24/April/2015 04:55:15 (UK time)

Soulwalker

im guessing no fix then? what time do they update usually?
    Last edited by Dandryx; 04-29-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Telaran

Default What the heck is going on?

I'm getting no update. No patch notes posted. Should have been pushed 3 hours ago. Where's the PTS build that's supposed to stop our problem?

How 'bout at least telling us WTH is going on, after a week of not solving our problem?

Soulwalker

im in wth is going on u aint giving anything about a poss fix just nothing i freking pay for this game and so do alot of others the service here is just so LOW its well wth im really thinking maybe find another game cause this is ridicoulous
    Last edited by msmay; 04-29-2015 at 09:43 AM.

For those expecting an update today...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're not currently expecting a patch today. Tomorrow is a possibility.

Thanks,
    So basically I've been paying for patron status for nearly no benefit this past week, because of the frequent crashes, and still can't play currently in a reasonable manner. Not saying I don't appreciate them looking into this matter and trying to fix it, but Its very frustrating that I still can't play after nearly a week and losing value on a paid patron sub for lack of said game time.
    Last edited by DreadVisage; 04-29-2015 at 10:42 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #101
    Rift Team

Issues unrelated to your problem required some very last minute bug fixes. Things are looking good on those problems but they haven't cleared QA yet, hence no update.

Vista testing to the best of my knowledge continues to look good as well, though testing is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    I'm getting no update. No patch notes posted. Should have been pushed 3 hours ago. Where's the PTS build that's supposed to stop our problem?

How 'bout at least telling us WTH is going on, after a week of not solving our problem?

Telaran

So basically I've been paying for patron status for nearly no benefit this past week, because of the frequent crashes, and still can't play currently in a reasonable manner. Not saying I don't appreciate them looking into this matter and trying to fix it, but Its very frustrating that I still can't play after nearly a week and losing value on a paid patron sub for lack of said game time.
    They still have no idea what's causing our crashes, but I'm sure that's not why they aren't patching. Before they fixed the last patch, they've already screwed up the next one so they can't push it. And they don't give enough of a damn to post a thread in New & Notes, Patch Notes, or Tech Support - they bury that 'notice' in one Dev's reply on page 7 of some other thread. I've been reasonable about this for a week. Patience with the zero-give-a-**** is gone.
    Last edited by Noseeum; 04-29-2015 at 10:50 AM.

And again I say...if this was crashing players who use windows 7 or 8 and therefore affecting more players, getting this fixed would probably be a higher priority and it wouldn't be taking over a week to figure out.

No offense, I'm sure those of you working on it are trying to find a fix...but you can understand our frustration.
    Last edited by Mackayla78; 04-29-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Issues unrelated to your problem required some very last minute bug fixes. Things are looking good on those problems but they haven't cleared QA yet, hence no update.

Vista testing to the best of my knowledge continues to look good as well, though testing is ongoing.
    Assuming the testing continues to look good, are we looking at another week minimum, or will there be any opportunity to stop the continual crashing before next Wednesday?
    Last edited by RiftCommoner; 04-29-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Soulwalker

Running Vista 64

So i tried the errorhandler also allowed rift.exe through windows firewall which actually bought me an extra 6min, still crashes. Next I had a look at the windows update thing and went to 2 system restore points 26/04/15 and 12/04/15 still crashes for both. So that tells me its not the Windows Update. Something tis afoul here...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast