+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: repeated crashing, please help

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Graphics Programmer MoldyFrozenFruitJuice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corvil View Post
    Vista 64-bit seems to be a constant so far.
    Yuuuuuuuuuuup. Looks like we found our common factor here. Thanks for the input, everyone. That's exactly what we needed to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by MoldyFrozenFruitJuice View Post
    Yuuuuuuuuuuup. Looks like we found our common factor here. Thanks for the input, everyone. That's exactly what we needed to find out.
    awesome. Hopefully a fix will be in soon
    Very interesting GM name too hehe !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Shadowlander

The windows mode problem is solved. Just switch options to full screen and then again to windows mode.
    This crash problem started after this patch my game never crashed earlier. So problem is with there patch not our system.

Soulwalker

Angry Crashing for 4 days in a row

After uninstalling and reinstalling 2 times in the past 4 days:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: rift.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5535fba0
    Fault Module Name: rift.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5535fba0
    Exception Code: c00002b4
    Exception Offset: 00408b62
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 528b
    Additional Information 2: 0a0f7009379a74aaa7c1c2e3d1d6df49
    Additional Information 3: 641a
    Additional Information 4: bf0fbf305d7bbd4bb09c4365b35ec4b2

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Graphics Programmer MoldyFrozenFruitJuice's Avatar

Lightbulb

We were here pretty late trying to get a temporary workaround for this, but we weren't able to yet. The problem definitely happens on Vista 64-bit, and as far as we can tell affects everyone on that OS.

We're working on it, and with a lot of luck, there will be a temporary workaround for the weekend, but otherwise the fix will have to wait until some time after Monday. :[

Unless you're okay with playing in roughly ten-to-twenty minute bursts, anyway. That was a joke. I'm so sorry.

We were here pretty late trying to get a temporary workaround for this, but we weren't able to yet. The problem definitely happens on Vista 64-bit, and as far as we can tell affects everyone on that OS.

We're working on it, and with a lot of luck, there will be a temporary workaround for the weekend, but otherwise the fix will have to wait until some time after Monday. :[

Unless you're okay with playing in roughly ten-to-twenty minute bursts, anyway. That was a joke. I'm so sorry.
    Can you buff all the players affected so we can be OP for 10-15 minutes! Then the crash won't feel as bad I am just joking ofc Good job.. Hope you find some fix soon
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

I've got a few questions to help us track this down, given that it seems to be bypassing our normal crash recovery stuff. So if you could answer these, it'll help out a lot.

- What CPU and GPU are you using?
    - What OS, and 64-bit or 32-bit?
    - Does this happen when you're just idling around, or only when actively playing?
    - Are you using any kind of software that adds an overlay, like Mumble for voice chat?
    - Low quality renderer or high quality? (Check your graphics settings.)
    - Fullscreen, windowed, or windowed fullscreen mode?
    AMD FX 4100 quad core no oc, NVIDIA Gforce 660 Ti also no oc
    Windows 7 home premium 64bit
    happened every couple hours in instances, twice inside of 5 minutes
    crashing both with TeamSpeak and without (after first time I killed all extra addons and processes outside of Rift)
    using high q rendering, with medium settings
    fullscreen

I am a raid healer and have successfully killed my group/raid 3x today, very frustrating. Checked my net, no losses or connection issues. Long scanned my computer, nothing in it and no new software in weeks. ~shrug

Same as everyone else reported Windows simply says that Rift stopped working.
    Last edited by Academia; 04-24-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

Soulwalker

Also crashing constantly, gonna stop playing other than checking minions until its fixed, please post when you all figure out what went wrong and us Vista folks can play the game again. Bummer as my Patron status will be ticking, so hoping it gets sorted out soon.

Can't the bad patch just be rolled back?

Soulwalker

Default Repeated Crashing 4252015

This is my problem, just like many others have reported in this thread - it happens frequently - usually after 10-15 minutes of play - it began a few days ago (post patch).
    I tried cranking settings down to lowest quality = no effect on crash behavior

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: rift.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5535fba0
    Fault Module Name: rift.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5535fba0
    Exception Code: c00002b4
    Exception Offset: 00408b62
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 528b
    Additional Information 2: 0a0f7009379a74aaa7c1c2e3d1d6df49
    Additional Information 3: 641a
    Additional Information 4: bf0fbf305d7bbd4bb09c4365b35ec4b2
    If the dev team could issue a sticky post re: what is being done to address this problem that would be great.

Shadowlander

Thank you for replay GM hope it works out

Soulwalker

any news on this issue? been a awhile since someone had mentioned anything on the thread.
    been fixed?? i still have this problem

Quote Originally Posted by insert View Post
    any news on this issue? been a awhile since someone had mentioned anything on the thread.
    been fixed?? i still have this problem

monday more than likely

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Rift Team

Default Update

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give you all an update on our progress. All Friday, into the night and during Saturday we've had various folks investigating the issue. Unfortunately it's proving to be very slippery and we've only proven a number of things that don't cause the issue, but not the root cause nor a workaround. Our current internal builds seem to not be suffering from the problem, which means that it's likely the hotfix on Wednesday will remedy the issue.

Unfortunately we can't simply push this internal build out as that would require a full QA run through, server downtime and all that would take a significant amount of time, for very little, if any, time gained for you the player. This does not mean we don't take your issues seriously.

This issue will of course be specifically tested with our build candidate that gets produced Monday night.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Hi everyone!

I wanted to give you all an update on our progress. All Friday, into the night and during Saturday we've had various folks investigating the issue. Unfortunately it's proving to be very slippery and we've only proven a number of things that don't cause the issue, but not the root cause nor a workaround. Our current internal builds seem to not be suffering from the problem, which means that it's likely the hotfix on Wednesday will remedy the issue.

Unfortunately we can't simply push this internal build out as that would require a full QA run through, server downtime and all that would take a significant amount of time, for very little, if any, time gained for you the player. This does not mean we don't take your issues seriously.

This issue will of course be specifically tested with our build candidate that gets produced Monday night.
    You mean... the current "external build" was an "internal build" that went thru a full QA run through... and this is what came out last Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Unfortunately we can't simply push this internal build out as that would require a full QA run through, server downtime and all that would take a significant amount of time, for very little, if any, time gained for you the player.
    I disagree, and I think most vista users would as well. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that if this issue were effecting only Windows 7 users (which is likely the vast majority) pushing the patch would be higher on the priority list. Lets be real, what you mean here is "This isn't effecting enough users for us to consider inconveniencing the majority of the users to address it."

My favorite part is when I get booted right before a warfront win, denied the win rewards AND get ascended disgrace.
    Last edited by Nuitaran; 04-26-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    KABOOM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast