+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FPS drop since patch

Default FPS drop since patch

Since todays patch (apr 22nd 2015) when I change alts my framerate drops to single digits.

It's usually about 60 because I to keep V-Sync on to keep my FPS from wastefully going past the refresh rate of my monitor on my gaming PC.

I have to exit the game and logon with the next alt to avoid this issue.

Soulwalker

I am having similar issues ...also drop when going into Plane of Water from other area.

Yeah, when i switch to an alt i got 12fps, when i switch back to my main 39fps. Same spot, same shard.
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

Yea, same here. In the crafting area in Draumheim this morning (and every day prior), I used to get 60+ FPS. now I can't get above 10 fps after the patch today.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Shadowlander

Default Agreed

I have reduced my quality from ultra to med and am still dropping to 2 FPS in NMR's basically right now the game is unplayable.

Soulwalker

Default Also seeing framerate drop

I also got a massive framerate drop following the last patch. My GTX 780 is now only able to run the game on "medium" setings, down from ultra before.

Soulwalker

GTX 970 In the crafting area in Draumheim 50fps drop 10fps!
    patch fail

Also getting this issue, can only relate to the patch since all ive done since before patch is turn pc off, back on and update rift. No drivers updated, no windows updates.
    Gonna disable all addons and do some tweaks and see if it improves until they wake up and check the patch and maybe just maybe release a fix *holds breath*

My crappy Intel HD4000 is getting 30-35 now in margle when it used to get 15-20 so not sure what actually might be causing it. I really do hope Trion figures out what's up soon. I've been through bad fps before, although I'm sure it's worse knowing your system should be able to handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ive asked a few guildies and some are reporting improvements to FPS. The only thing i can think of is a few patches ago they said they were going to optimize the game code with each patch. So perhaps that code was for older systems, and anyone with current or just slightly old system is now suffering drops

Quote Originally Posted by Althala View Post
    Ive asked a few guildies and some are reporting improvements to FPS. The only thing i can think of is a few patches ago they said they were going to optimize the game code with each patch. So perhaps that code was for older systems, and anyone with current or just slightly old system is now suffering drops
    Well, my computer is less than 3 years old, so I wouldn't consider that old, although I'm thinking that maybe it could be an issue with the optimization with newer cards/systems rather than simply optimization just for older systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Walker

3.2 make gfx tear on my screen... I have to relog to sort it out.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

After about 20mins of playing it insanely laggs(down to 1fps lol) or has major graphics corruption. Only happened after last patch.
    EDIT: And... crash.
    Last edited by Riseofseren; 04-23-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Same issue in margle plaza fps went from 40ish to 15fps max
    my eyes even starting to bleed its just like playing wow now

Quote Originally Posted by Althala View Post
    I too am seeing an overall improvement, it's just when I log to character selection and back on with a different alt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast