+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ubuntu/Rift Madness right-click crashes game

Soulwalker

Default Ubuntu/Rift Madness right-click crashes game

And more about the echoes of Madness:

Got the sound back, got lesser crashes, can left-click NPCs again ... but right-click on my portrait or any player's portrait, for example to make them group leader, crashes reproducable the came. Any ideas? Running Ubutun and Wine, Winetricks for Jun2014 is already done (that's how I got the sound back).

General of Telara

All I can say is that it works fine for me (well except some still stuttering sound playback that I couldn't really track down yet).

I'm on Ununtu 14.04.2, nvidia 331.113 driver, wine is self-compiled CSMT variant (based on wine 1.7.35 plus some fixes currently, but I tried the "vanilla" git code just before 1.7.41 was released too, works except for the poor performance). I'm running in a maximized window in Unity (i.e. only the top panel visible with tray etc.)

There's just so many things that can be different on your system for me to guess the problem.

If you are lucky, you can get some information out of the minidump that the crash handler wants to send to Trion. If you leave the window to send the crash report open, there is a temporary file that contains a dump. It can be loaded with winedbg to get a backtrace, but chances are it doesn't crash inside wine's code so no useful information is available.

Rift Disciple

That seems for me as old long story of loosing thread's synchronization on multicpus...
    ...I removed write permission to rift.cfg couple months ago to show up license agreement on each run so I could bypass char selection...
    ...now it crushes when I mouse click different icons like chat or dange and freezes periodically ...

I had a left-click-on-player crash that I solved by:
    winetricks vcrun2013
    You'll probably need to update winetricks to get that verb
    If the crash message mentions mscvr120.dll, this is it.

Rift Disciple

yes, works like a charm, set msvcr120 to use "native" always. It was 110 already there, so I think rift team updated compiler

I was seriously considering installing Linux on a spare HD I have, and try running Rift to see if it would run better/faster..... glad I made coffee and rethought that...
    Politeness is priceless when received, cost nothing to own or give, yet some cannot afford.
    Checkout A World Maker aka Trepid

+ Reply to Thread