+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: big graphic bug since 3.2

Soulwalker

Default big graphic bug since 3.2

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-267482...15307.jpg.html

Does anyone got this, too?
    Or does someone know what to do?

It's a memory leak. Usually you get it if your machine has been on a long time and running Rift, or you have a card with not a lot of VRAM (because the memory leak will happen sooner ... say on a 2GB GTX 680 as opposed to a 12GB Titan X).

Usually just exiting the game and restarting it will correct it, as will as reboot of the whole system.

You should see some of the glitches in dungeons where there is a doorway of a certain type ... it looks like a certain part of your bottom. ;)
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 04-16-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

i already tried restarting everything, nothing changed.

i have been running rift for a long time in the past, not having this issue before, only today.

i remember having this problem when cloaks where introduced to the game.
    so I think it is something with the new wardrobe system.

Make and model of your video card and driver version?
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

Gtx 760

Having this problem as well. Have NEVER had a problem with Rift graphics at all, and am running a much older card than OP's...Gtx 460 with latest drivers. I tried restarting, it was fine for all of 5 minutes, then the tearing started up again. It's funny looking but it's hard to see anything to kill lol.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Soulwalker

Still having this issue.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-267727...31545.jpg.html

Only after 40 minutes into the game.

Soulwalker

I have the same problems since patch 3.2 with a gtx770 too.
    I replaced the card with a gtx660ti and get the same graphic bug after a while.
    Last edited by Corvu5; 04-19-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Open your case and dust it out with compressed air. I haven't had these issues after the last couple of patches, but for the first six months I played (May - November 2014) I'd play for a while then have this start up every couple of weeks. When rebooting didn't fix it, then I'd dust out my machine. Which would fix it for a couple of weeks. But it quit happening completely late last year.

GTX 460 SE - so SERIOUSLY outdated card, not to mention the machine itself is almost 5 years old. Apparently whatever driverset came out back in November or December sorted it for me I guess - now I'm using 347.25 with a release date in February this year.

Oh, and you might want to get GPU-Z - check your GPU heat range, and you probably also should check your fans, fan-speed and so on.
    Last edited by Narcise; 04-19-2015 at 05:47 AM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Soulwalker

Lightbulb

ive tested it already with gpuz and it says max around 50C. The latest drivers are installed too. Ive also thought that dust can be the problem and clean all coolers but the graphic bug stays.

I think that its a problem with the cloaks and the wardrobesystem because the graphicbug is always on players weared items.

--->Now I set in ingame graphic settings the cloak details on highest level and the graphic bug is gone but the colours of cloaks are mostly wrong in a strange green. Test it out perhaps it helps you too.<---

The patch brought on a lot of glitchy graphics. It's not just you, and if it ran fine before the patch, not likely a hardware issue on your end.

It was a huge update, and they did make some changes to improve performance which prob included some graphic changes. They will prob be tweaking things on their end for the next few patches. I'm sure they will get it sorted out in time.

Until then, you may have to tweak your video settings to get it to a point where it looks reasonable. I don't mean just lowering settings, which would fix things in most games. Rift is a little quirky when it comes to graphic settings. You may have to raise some settings and lower others while you try to maintain an acceptable FPS.

For me after the patch, I was having trouble viewing the world map. It was so bad that the whole thing would be grey. I had to raise some settings to get that to look right, but now I get some odd random colors on some armor, and mounts, and hair.
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 04-19-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Ah, I don't have cloaks/settings active at all. So if that's what's causing some of it, that's why it's not bothering me apparently. Actually, I'm not experiencing any graphic glitches after this patch other than the few dim items that are invisible, and the dim "borders" that appear even when you're not editing.

Yes, there's some weirdness with cloak colors too according to posts in general discussion.... I guess most of these bugs will get fixed in the next few hotfixes.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

These are triangles with one vertex very far out of place. I am seeing it happen most often in Nightmare VI rifts, on some players. Some players look like part of their clothes got snagged on something, and as they move around a triangular panel of cloth stretches from the "anchor" point to wherever they move to.

On some occasions I have had to move my player because I could not see to target things on the other side of this player. Fortunately, it's usually only one or two afflicted with this issue, so workaround is not too hard. It might be interesting to see if it is just a few certain costumes that have faults, but there is no way anyone will be able to gather the outfit data and play an NMR6 rift at the same time.

I class this as borderline game-play affecting because there are visual obstructions to game play from these extra opaque flaps of clothing. Fixing it because it is also ugly and unprofessional for a game of this quality level should also be considered before someone makes a youtube satire about it.

Johnny

Happening with me too since 3.2 , was waiting for someone to make a post about it
    Hope devs see it!
    Johnnycash@Deepwood - Vantage
    4/4 ROF - 5/5 MS - 2/3 TF

New Raid Finder Addon

General of Telara

Same problem here also. No problems at all until this latest patch

GTX 770
    Driver: 350.12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast