+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't use steam wallet for purchases

Soulwalker

Default Can't use steam wallet for purchases

Attempting to make a purchase with steam wallet results in an error, telling me "there was problem completing this purchase. This may be because of security checks on our side that are designed to keep your account safe."

I have followed the advice given for purchases through the steam wallet: wait at least two hours (it has been over four days) and reset the steam client. Steam overlay works fine, and I am playing with the steam client, rather than manually adding it. I have a character well over level 10. I don't think steamguard is turned on, as I can buy and sell cards no problem.

My steam wallet contains the exact figure for the purchase, so I suppose it could fail if there is a surcharge on the purchase through this method, but then, that should really be mentioned somewhere if so.

Soulwalker

I have same issue today (though it worked for my wife today).

Both had 50 on wallet and tried to purchase 50 credit with steam wallet. Hers worked first time, mine gets the error message (ticketed 127821 but no response yet).

I have steam overlay on (checked) so it isnt that.

Soulwalker

UPDATE - SOLVED

It turns out the currencies of my Rift and Steam accounts did not match. For some reason, fixing this required the removal of my credit card info from steam, but this can simply be added again.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Holmiester View Post
    UPDATE - SOLVED

It turns out the currencies of my Rift and Steam accounts did not match. For some reason, fixing this required the removal of my credit card info from steam, but this can simply be added again.
    I'm glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out! Sorry for the delay.

+ Reply to Thread