+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Something needs to be done.

Soulwalker

Default Something needs to be done.

Hi, my name is Chris, or Thanion on Rift. There's a player, who for the past several months, has posed as a GM, threatened to hack people daily, and is constantly starting anything with anyone simply because he believes he's the "Emperor of Rift". He has been reported several times, by several people almost daily. He has had GM's talk to him, but not a single thing has been done. I've lost several of my close friends because they quit because he harrasses everyone. He harassed me and my wife, our entire guild, and anyone else that doesn't bow to him, call him sir, and give him respect. Several more will leave if nothing is done, and I like having my friends play this with me. The player's name is Maxaleenco, or Emperormortis. All of us wants something to be done, because we can't handle him and his childish ways anymore. Please do something or more players are going to leave simply because he harrasses everyone and does everything he can do to make their lives miserable. Thank you!

Shadowlander

Have you tried putting that player on ignore?

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

If any player is violating the Code of Conduct, you can report them by submitting a ticket.

Make sure to provide specific info about what character, shard, what time, and what was said or done so we can investigate as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, make sure you and your friends/family have placed the character on ignore. If he's creating additional characters to circumvent the ignore feature, make sure to add that info your ticket as well.

Thanks for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by DeatyPoo View Post
    Have you tried putting that player on ignore?
    This.
    And not just ignore but "ignore". Making fuss and even leaving the game? That gives him exactly what he wants - attention. Makes him feel big and important.

If you just play your game and ignore such kids completely you effectively take away from them the only reason they have to behave like that. If none would pay attention to him he would probably leave the game on his own.

Champion

The Problem is, not "everyone" will ignore. There will be always at least one guy who feed him, just to be with him in the spotlight... or just because he thinks to be a White Knight and feels dedicated to save Rift from such jerks.

And so the most spamkids feel like a bee in clover ... and see the mass ignoring them as a canonisation.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    If any player is violating the Code of Conduct, you can report them by submitting a ticket.

Make sure to provide specific info about what character, shard, what time, and what was said or done so we can investigate as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, make sure you and your friends/family have placed the character on ignore. If he's creating additional characters to circumvent the ignore feature, make sure to add that info your ticket as well.

Thanks for your patience!
    Hmmm. Fasti.... that links to a CoC for ArcheAge....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Hmmm. Fasti.... that links to a CoC for ArcheAge....
    Whoops, thanks for pointing that out!
    Here's our Code of Conduct violations page which apply to all of our games.

+ Reply to Thread