+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: INFO: Windows 10 build 9926 and rift

Exclamation INFO: Windows 10 build 9926 and rift

For those wanting to test Windows 10 build 9926
    Just note that RIFT will NOT work same error again as with build 9879
    really wished it would work as i wanted to use the new windows *sigs*

http://tsinfo.stackon8.eu/rifterror.jpg
    Last edited by AlexandreaFride; 01-23-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Babymillie@Gelidra <(Hand Of The King)Warrior@Stack on 8>

Same error we've had since 9879 now.

Microsoft broke a lot of application compatibility around that patch, even some of their own applications stopped working.

Rift Chaser

If you choose to use a development build on your PC, you cannot blame anyone else for software not running correctly on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    If you choose to use a development build on your PC, you cannot blame anyone else for software not running correctly on it.
    Thanks for your stellar input. No one is blaming anyone, just reporting that Rift crashes on current builds of Windows 10 - it didn't on previous versions. If you aren't using Windows 10, why do you care other than make pointless comments?

yea same for me. no issues at all on previous win10 builds but newest update makes me crash at launch.

was there a workaround the previous times this issue came up ?
    VENGEANCE (b'.')b

Putting the Sensual back into Non-consensual

After some testing and getting the dump files cause is by ntdll.dll from windows as it trying to use a function ZwWow64GetCurrentProcessorNumberEx witch aperently do not exists so its craching

Code:
    This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
    The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
    (52a0.52a4): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll - 
    eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=00000000 edi=00000000
    eip=7714a07c esp=0078eef0 ebp=0078ef08 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz ac pe nc
    cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00000216
    ntdll!ZwWow64GetCurrentProcessorNumberEx+0xc:
    7714a07c c20400          ret     4
    0:000>
    tho don't think its anything we can do about it
    i doubt replacing ntdll.dll from windows 8.1 into here will work but since i will have new motherboard today and i have to reinstall windows i will try that before i install mobo if pc don't start up then no biggies will let you know if it would work but i highly doubt it
    also its possible that it is not the only crash it may by just one of a series as we have no option to really debug the game i am afraid we can only hope for a dev that has some time for a day to look into it , mayby dirty fix is allow us to set the processor number in rift.cfg if its not set use the default one idk but like i said hope a dev has some spare time to test it *crossfingers*

yea, i just kicked on 2 months of patron time and now i cant even log in

problem came yesterday with update, im hoping there is a fix monday/tuesday
    VENGEANCE (b'.')b

Putting the Sensual back into Non-consensual

Soulwalker

Default other mmo's work fine

Well Mealfrog, something is wrong because Tera, GW2, Age of Conan, Aion, SWTOR and others all work fine on this build.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jetaro View Post
    Well Mealfrog, something is wrong because Tera, GW2, Age of Conan, Aion, SWTOR and others all work fine on this build.
    ok, i'll go and remove all the spark plugs from a car.

i turn the key, nothing happens. (no spark plugs)
    i turn on the radio, it works (coz battery).

please tell me, why does the radio work, but the car doesnt turn on?

now, apply this to the current case and see how silly it sounds.

its a development build, its NOT yet finished. anything can change at anytime. do yourselves a favor and play on a stable build, for the best experience.

ok, i'll go and remove all the spark plugs from a car.

i turn the key, nothing happens. (no spark plugs)
    i turn on the radio, it works (coz battery).

please tell me, why does the radio work, but the car doesnt turn on?

now, apply this to the current case and see how silly it sounds.

its a development build, its NOT yet finished. anything can change at anytime. do yourselves a favor and play on a stable build, for the best experience.
    Can you stop hijacking this Thread? i don't care you run rift on you're 10year old windows xp pc cause you refuse to go with the time /s

this post is about the new win 10 and rift and trying to find a solution to the problem that rift do not start up, we (those who try win10) KNOW its beta its faulty it can turn into a nuclear war we are WELL aware that stuff may not work and to be franctly fair now that it don't work for past 3 win10 builds so highly likely that it may also not work on future builds of win10 INCLUDING FINAL RELEASE and then rift has to fix anyway's and will have to fix it on rapid release, now they have option to do a fix and test it out in long run
    don't forget also that win7/8/8.1 will have a free update to win10 (in the windows update category) so who knows how many people will update that day and then find out rift ignored the problem and don't work

on topic:

using ntdll.dll from win8.1 did not work as one would exspect tho it did give me a difrent error when i used that other dll but error stayed in ntdll

also the function ZwWow64GetCurrentProcessorNumberEx is in the new ntdll so no idea why it would crach

There was an update rollup released on the 23rd, but still no functionality changes with Glyph or related programs.

Thanks for digging into it deeper. I keep 10 installed on a VM to check it after each new release (or leak).

Have you tried posting your finding over on the TechNet Windows 10 Technical Preview forum? https://social.technet.microsoft.com...WinPreview2014

If the function exists in ntdll but does not work, it could be unintended functionality change.

Rift Chaser

ok, final post...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreaFride;4995364
    don't forget also that win7/8/8.1 will have a [URL="http://www.neowin.net/news/upgrade-directly-to-the-latest-build-of-windows-10-from-windows-8-or-windows-7"
    free update to win10[/URL] (in the windows update category) so who knows how many people will update that day and then find out rift ignored the problem and don't work
    no thanks, i'll keep my windows 7 until an objectively better OS comes out. (windows 8 was $hit, not matter what M$ believes)

Soulwalker

ok, final post...

no thanks, i'll keep my windows 7 until an objectively better OS comes out. (windows 8 was $hit, not matter what M$ believes)
    I wouldn't call windows 8 $hit, that's a pretty strong word. After 8.1 came out and I spent $10 on stardock start8 and modermix it was actually pretty good.

I tend to agree with what AlexandreaFride said.

I have one other program that won't run, a weather program made by a single developer and he is blaming windows 10 as well. When only a handful of apps won't run I tend to focus more on the app itself than the OS. It *seems* to indicate they may have used some undocumented hacks, which would be their problem not microsoft's.

Soulwalker

Default RIFT is the only program I have that won't run on windows 10 technical preview

Quote Originally Posted by Jetaro View Post

I have one other program that won't run, a weather program made by a single developer and he is blaming windows 10 as well.
    Interestingly enough he released an updated install today that works, so that leads me to believe that Trion will probably need to do the same since this is the only program I have now that doesn't run on this windows 10 technical preview.

ok, final post...

Windows 8 was technologically better... Microsoft just has a stupid vision of merging the future by having the same OS on tablets and desktops.

Windows 8 is objectively better than Windows 7... reasons for not liking it are subjective.

8 has better power management, better resource management, starts applications faster, transfers files faster, uses less memory, usually has higher minimum framerates in games, boots, shuts down and wakes up from sleep faster, runs MS Office applications faster...

There's really no objective measure that I'm aware of that Win 7 is superior, other than not having a stupid tablet interface integrated in, which you can almost entirely get rid of just by downloading ClassicShell, StartisBack, Start8 etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast