+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Character select screen won't load

Default Character select screen won't load

I can't get into the character select screen, it tries to connect and slows down around 60%, then tries to connect to alternate address.

Also, when I open Glyph it downloads a patch every time, as if it never installs or something.

Please help!
    Nikodemos@laethys - Lvl 65 Rogue Enthusiast

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

I am very sorry, but would you mind clarifying your primary issue? You say it gets to 60% then tries an alternate address. If you have a screen shot of what is happening, it would help a lot. If not, if you can walk me through it step by step, that should help me offer the right troubleshooting for you.

Are you saying that when you launch Glyph it patches Glyph, or is patching RIFT? Make sure to go through our Glyph technical troubleshooting steps.

Fixed it. The issue was with my firewall (Norton controlling Windows Firewall) and the 'Auto' selection for permissions. I changed all of Rift and Glyph to 'Allow' and it runs just fine now.

Took me 6 hours of updating this, changing this and that setting, repairing that, so on and so forth, and I logged into TS for 5 minutes and a guildy figured it out.

Typical eh? XP
    Nikodemos@laethys - Lvl 65 Rogue Enthusiast

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Glad it's working for you!

+ Reply to Thread