+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Game stops at 92%

Soulwalker

Default Game stops at 92%

Hey im trying to play rift but it stops loading at 92% and times out. i can wait 5 minutes and it will say reconnect press okay or cancel to exit... i have DX11, ive made it to it has to run DX9 tried it with various compatability packs(i have windows 7) and i still cant get past 92%

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Hey, sorry for the delay. Can you try restarting your PC with minimal background tasks running for me?

Once it restarts, right-click on Glyph and select Run as Administrator. After getting signed in, right-click on RIFT and select Repair.

After the repair is complete, try launching the game again.

Shadowlander

Unhappy

Glyph isn't even installed according to Windows...search says not found...have manually searched the C drive and I can't find it either so how is someone supposed to follow your instructions...last time I got the error 3300 which, btw is EVERY update I got STEAM to verify files (only option) and it downloaded the entire game...that would be the second time it's been downloaded.
    Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit...not everyone is still using 7 or XP and yeah not impressed and have zero intentions of redownloading this if its just going to be the same story next patch day...why don't you just update the game prior to play...streaming it is obviously broken for some and Aussie net sucks at the best of times.
    So whats the fix??

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by unhappy punter View Post
    Glyph isn't even installed according to Windows...search says not found...have manually searched the C drive and I can't find it either so how is someone supposed to follow your instructions...last time I got the error 3300 which, btw is EVERY update I got STEAM to verify files (only option) and it downloaded the entire game...that would be the second time it's been downloaded.
    Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit...not everyone is still using 7 or XP and yeah not impressed and have zero intentions of redownloading this if its just going to be the same story next patch day...why don't you just update the game prior to play...streaming it is obviously broken for some and Aussie net sucks at the best of times.
    So whats the fix??
    I have just followed your instructions re msconfig clean boot = same error.

Shadowlander

Angry

Ran repair against my better judgement and again 12.1 gb install...last bloody time...actually sod it I'm uninstalling this pos...

Shadowlander

Angry

Ran repair against my better judgement and again 12.1 gb install...last bloody time...actually sod it I'm uninstalling this pos...
    SO GM FASTI...downloading the entire 18gb client again...have 500+ hours up and reluctant to walk away...I did uninstall this so its a 18gb download not 12gb..STEAM ALWAYS REPAIRS after I get the stinking 3300 error, all 168 or so files...seeing STEAM is an absolute bandwith HOG I'd ideally like to be able to launch and run and patch the game without it so what is your suggestion?

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with what is certainly a frustrating situation.

In Glyph there is a Settings menu that tells it where to look for your game files. You don't need to install multiple times, if you have the game installed, just point that installation setting to where the game is already installed.

It's possible, if you use Steam to install Glyph, then Glyph to launch RIFT, that Steam has installed Glyph in an unusual spot, and it's causing some issues.

If you run into any issues like this in the future, avoid uninstalling, or doing a full download again, as it's almost certainly avoidable, and I hate to see you spend your time, and bandwidth, unless it is absolutely a last resort.

Since the game was uninstalled, I'd ask that you allow the current installation to complete, if it has already made progress. However, if the download has just started, I'd encourage you to consider cancelling it so you can install Glyph separately from Steam and just run the RIFT installation to the default location.

If you do decide to do that, I'd encourage restarting your PC first, then doing a search for any Glyph or RIFT files, and removing them completely. Then, download and install Glyph to the default location. Right-click on the installer and select Run as Administrator to start that installation.

Once Glyph is installed, run the RIFT installation via Glyph and it should install normally.

If your bandwidth is slow, I'd recommend power-cycling your modem before starting the process, just to get a clean slate on your home network. Do not pause the installation while it is running, as you'll likely end up with errors, like the 3300 during the process.

Shadowlander

Angry

OK GM Fasti..by the time you responded I had already started the download thru STEAM...nearly 24 hours later the 18.1 gb download completes..so far so good but thats the end of anything good...I click play and Glyph auto updates ummm ok then I have the rift screen but NO PLAY button to press I have UPDATE...so STEAM downloads an out of date version.

We all know what this means eh? ERROR 3300 but noes it can't update the local files and it wants to download the entire game again...so far this month 12.1x3 =36.3gb + 18.1gb =54gb give or take I've downloaded out of my monthly quota...such a success story isn't it...your terribad (putting it politely and not what I'm thinking) update process and your marriage to STEAM which quite frankly I'd be happy to never see again have caused all this bs.

Downloading via Glyph will take all year because it just crawls in...try 30KB/s and tell me how bloody long it will take to pull down 18gb. I'm just sitting here now thinking my nights and tomorrows and most of the weeks entertainment has just sailed out the window...I don't own or want a TV. All I do is game...sick of the BF series and I'm thinking WOW wan't that bad and I'm 2 xpacs behind, it patches before you play, it don't require stinking Steam just a sub which I have no dramas paying so

PLEASE TELL ME WHY I WOULD WANT TO CONSIDER DOWNLOADIN THIS FOR THE 4TH TIME...don't think you can so ty for nothing.

BTW its uninstalled already..can't be updated so no point it taking up disk space and STEAM is going also as soon as I edit this post.
    Last edited by unhappy punter; 01-23-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Shadowlander

OK GM Fasti..by the time you responded I had already started the download thru STEAM...nearly 24 hours later the 18.1 gb download completes..so far so good but thats the end of anything good...I click play and Glyph auto updates ummm ok then I have the rift screen but NO PLAY button to press I have UPDATE...so STEAM downloads an out of date version.

We all know what this means eh? ERROR 3300 but noes it can't update the local files and it wants to download the entire game again...so far this month 12.1x3 =36.3gb + 18.1gb =54gb give or take I've downloaded out of my monthly quota...such a success story isn't it...your terribad (putting it politely and not what I'm thinking) update process and your marriage to STEAM which quite frankly I'd be happy to never see again have caused all this bs.

Downloading via Glyph will take all year because it just crawls in...try 30KB/s and tell me how bloody long it will take to pull down 18gb. I'm just sitting here now thinking my nights and tomorrows and most of the weeks entertainment has just sailed out the window...I don't own or want a TV. All I do is game...sick of the BF series and I'm thinking WOW wan't that bad and I'm 2 xpacs behind, it patches before you play, it don't require stinking Steam just a sub which I have no dramas paying so

PLEASE TELL ME WHY I WOULD WANT TO CONSIDER DOWNLOADIN THIS FOR THE 4TH TIME...don't think you can so ty for nothing.

BTW its uninstalled already..can't be updated so no point it taking up disk space and STEAM is going also as soon as I edit this post.
    So..as expected no more responses from GM?? Fasti.

Why? too hard and he has no idea what the fix is.

So here is the answer. Error 3300 is Rifts servers shutting down your connection period.

Why?

Because you are downloading at too slow a rate so the server sheds the connection.

Fix is

(a) don't use STEAM to download or launch the game.
    (b)Use glyph because you have no other choice.
    (c)Download only when you know for sure your download speed is in excess of a MINIMUM 400+MB/s (anything slower is likely to result in the download servers shedding your connection and spitting out Error 3300)
    (d) DO NOT enter the game while you are downloading the client or patching or Error 3300 or disconnected due to inactivity (Error 3300 will pop up)
    (e)Get a faster connection..ADSL2 or better preferably or change your second rate ISP (which btw is most of them)
    (f) don't take any notice of the so called workarounds suggested by the GM's (they are mostly clueless) clean boot rofl ..yeah the works not along with any other supposed fix.

I have uninstalled STEAM completely seached for and found any and every file associated with RIFT?STEAM and overwritten them with Eraser.
    Re downloaded Glyph and the game is now downloading without any problems..mind you it's 5am started this at midnight when congestion is lowest and download speed is averaging 550 >660 Mb/s.
    So in a nutshell when this game updates if your on an ADSL connection wait, be patient, and patch late at night when your speeds are likely to be as fast as is possible to get.

This is ALL on RIFTS end..servers belong to them and it's all on them.
    BTW ty GM?? Fasti for your response but nty for your supposed help...well intentioned I'm sure but ultimately outright Bull****e.

Shadowlander

So..as expected no more responses from GM?? Fasti.

Why? too hard and he has no idea what the fix is.

So here is the answer. Error 3300 is Rifts servers shutting down your connection period.

Why?

Because you are downloading at too slow a rate so the server sheds the connection.

Fix is

(a) don't use STEAM to download or launch the game.
    (b)Use glyph because you have no other choice.
    (c)Download only when you know for sure your download speed is in excess of a MINIMUM 400+KB/s (anything slower is likely to result in the download servers shedding your connection and spitting out Error 3300)
    (d) DO NOT enter the game while you are downloading the client or patching or Error 3300 or disconnected due to inactivity (Error 3300 will pop up)
    (e)Get a faster connection..ADSL2 or better preferably or change your second rate ISP (which btw is most of them)
    (f) don't take any notice of the so called workarounds suggested by the GM's (they are mostly clueless) clean boot rofl ..yeah the works not along with any other supposed fix.

I have uninstalled STEAM completely seached for and found any and every file associated with RIFT?STEAM and overwritten them with Eraser.
    Re downloaded Glyph and the game is now downloading without any problems..mind you it's 5am started this at midnight when congestion is lowest and download speed is averaging 550 >660 KB/s.
    So in a nutshell when this game updates if your on an ADSL connection wait, be patient, and patch late at night when your speeds are likely to be as fast as is possible to get.

This is ALL on RIFTS end..servers belong to them and it's all on them.
    BTW ty GM?? Fasti for your response but nty for your supposed help...well intentioned I'm sure but ultimately outright Bull****e.
    Had to edit speeds to KB/s not MB/s...if ha ha I had download speeds of 400/600 MB/s as in my original post there would be no issue but sadly its an 8MB/s or ADSL connection.
    Also I have to say that this is not entirely RIFTS blue. It is also the fault of the rip off ISP's we are all saddled with.
    However I can download and patch any Battlefeild or STEAM game (RIFT not included) regardless of download speeds so ultimately I lay the blame primarily with RIFTS backend..it's quite simply sub standard...pity really as the game is in fact not so bad.

Soulwalker

Ancient theme, still up to date. Repair went through, errors continued.

Default If your game is on the loading screen at 92%

If it is at 92% and then crashing, it could be an addon problem, I found disabling this addon (until you may need it for raiding perhaps) may stop this problem. I have found a problem sometimes with KBM in world loading zones and other areas. The screen will get to what you described and then crashes. Sometimes it only crashes rift, other times it crashes the whole windows sessions. So have to logout of that windows session (through task manager) and restart again. Since it was disabled, the problem has not occurred again. It may be it doesn't like being with another addon or itself is the culprit. I just know when it is disabled, the load screen when moving shards or raid rifts etc doesn't freeze and crash.

+ Reply to Thread