+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frequent Stuttering in NT areas

Soulwalker

Default Frequent Stuttering in NT areas

I'm getting frequent stuttering in new NT areas mostly, specifically in Tarken Glacier around Octus Monastery area while questing. When riding into Octus Monastery over the icy bridges I ALWAYS get a 1 to 2 second freeze, this has never not happened. When riding around east of Octus Monastery I get a 0.5s freeze every 10 to 15 seconds. This happens even when riding back the way I just came.
    I can't see it being my rig as this happens on my laptop too which all settings down to min.
    My rig for the record is:
    2600K @ 4.5GHz
    GTX970 OC
    16GB RAM
    256GB SSD

Laptop runs Ivybridge and uses Ivy's built in GFX core.
    Both machines play a 1080p.

My rigs CPU is old gen but shouldn't matter, CPU usage doesn't get close to 100% even for a single core. The GFX card I don't think is working too hard either as the fans only turn on at 65 degrees + and have yet to turn on. All settings are maxed other than Ground Clutter Density which I had to turn down because otherwise the grass would keep vanishing and reappearing every few seconds for no reason whatsoever which I see someone else on these forums also had an issue with.
    I'm really enjoying rift at the moment (new player but already hooked enough to spend money) but this freezing is really detracting away from the immersion. I hope this doesn't happen in raids as it's mainly what I got into Rift for in the first place.

Can't believe I'm having to use Internet Explorer to post this thread because Chrome won't let me =/

It's not just you. Many others have the same graphical lag in that exact same area. It must be something with the coding and how it's rendering objects in the distance (or lack there of).

General of Telara

Yes definitely happens for everyone since NT launch.

Though I noticed something strange, after a server restart it is almost gone, and becomes increasingly worse to the point where not only visiting Octus Monastery becomes a pain, but pretty much all NT zones have some severe client freeze problems in different places.

I bet 100 platin that this problem is closely related to the server lag that required unscheduled restarts ever so often lately, this smells (or rather reeks) like a massive leakage somewhere server side...

Soulwalker

@Lynx3d Interesting, well all realms are to be restarted in 2 minutes so I'll see if I get the same results around Octus Monastery.

Soulwalker

Yep, since sever restart i have no stuttering going into Octus Monastery or East of there, it's running very smoothly. Wonder how long before the stutter returns...

It would be nice if someone from Trion could confirm this is an issue and that they will look into it for future patches... Just confirmation on a list of known bugs and issues would be excellent.

+ Reply to Thread