+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Curious about this account...

Telaran

Question Curious about this account...

Growing tired of Blizzards games and lack of feedback I was considering Rift as my go to game. I was able to login just fine but I noticed there's an "authenticator" active on it that I never recall placing or if I did I've forgotten about it. The biggest problem I have is when I go to remove it asks for three things but I can only remember the old address I used. The inital account date is a mystery as I haven't kept a "welcome" email in years lol. The credit card I used was long since shut down (due to the Target scandal last year) and shredded. Am I SOL for getting this authenticator removed?

Oh and if it's not too much trouble to ask, could I have a GM check my account activity just to be sure. Hackers usually change passwords but JUST IN CASE... I'd rather be safe than sorry.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Fill out this form with as much info as possible. Even if you're just trying your best guess, it's better to try.

Once that's submitted, let me know and I will follow up with you.

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Fill out this form with as much info as possible. Even if you're just trying your best guess, it's better to try.

Once that's submitted, let me know and I will follow up with you.

Thanks!
    Sorry about being OT, but since I just had to submit a CS ticket (credit purchase was declined for some reason), there is one thing I just have to wonder about that form, and I hope you can shed some light on that for me:

there is a field on there for "secret answers", which is supposed to hold the answers to the secret questions you put on your account. What is the point of that field without the accompanying question?

I do not know what my secret question is, because as I understood that concept until now, it is not my particular responsibility to remember the secret question on every website that requires one (and there's quite a lot of those). Answers: yes, definitely, I'm supposed to know these, and I do. Ask me the question, and I can provide the answer. But until you are asking me a question, how am I supposed to know what to put there? And it's not even as if I can look it up on the account management page. If I'm looking in the wrong spot, feel free to correct me, but the Security page in my Account Management only has a "Secret Questions and Answers have been added" section, without telling you what the question is.

I don't know how many websites have asked me for a secret answer on signing up, but it's definitely a two-digit number. Am I now supposed to remember which question I used on which website? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of that whole secret question/answer concept?
    I do appreciate that it does strengthen account security if you make people remember not just their secret answers, but also the questions - but unless you specifically point that out during account creation ("Hey there, remember the question too, because we're not gonna ask it!"), which as far as I remember you didn't, I do wonder how many people will bother retaining that information. I know I didn't.

Rift Disciple

Note: I did find my secret questions in Account Management by now - they are under "Change email address". So yes, you can look it up - I do however still wonder why the Submit CS Ticket form does not provide you with the questions (especially since there are two of them. Are we supposed to answer both of them or just one?)

Telaran

Ok I submitted the form as requested, thank you.

Telaran

Well now it won't launch the game unfortunately, I've been checking spam and inbox but aside from a notification that my issue created a ticket I've seen nothing. I'll assume that's just weekend blues since you've already been far more responsive than Blizzard would have.

+ Reply to Thread