+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fasti

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Mystery of the Vanishing Dimensions

Plane Touched

Default The Mystery of the Vanishing Dimensions

I recently purchased a new dimension key for 40 plat off the Rift store. I also purchased a new dimension slot for 150p. I collected the newly purchased dimension key, and attempted to activate the dimension into the new slot. Instead, it put the wrong dimension into the slot, and seemingly, the dimension I bought was removed from the list of dimensions I have collected.

It happened last night. It was a Kesterel;s Cry Ravine dimension key.

The dimension menu has been super buggy for me when trying to switch between dimensions, and I'm not keen to try it again for fear of losing another dimension (I wonder how many I lost that I haven't noticed as well)

I think this would be classified as a major bug. I don't know if it's just me or if it's a known issue. But it's pretty bad.

I filed it as a note on my existing support ticket which I don't expect will be answered for about the next 6 years with anything but automated form letters, so I'm posting the issue here in hopes that a dev sees it.

Plane Touched

Additional:

According to the Rift store, when I look at the dimension key in question, it says that I have already collected it. However, it does not appear as any of my active dimensions or inactive dimensions.

Currently, another dimension is apparently loaded into the third dimension slot, Central Necropolis, but when trying to access this dimension, it asks if I am sure I want to replace the dimension Central Necropolis with Central Necropolis (with itself).

Customer Support GM Hummingbird's Avatar

I'm sorry your Dimensions are disappearing, that's definitely no fun!

Fortunately these dimensions shouldn't be gone for good, and we are working to get a permanent fix in place.

In the meantime, our Support team should be able to get you fixed up! While the wait is longer than normal, we are working 24/7 to get your issues taken care of as quickly as possible.

Plane Touched

Thank you for the speedy response here on the forums. Should I just post my concerns here on the forums from now on, since my tickets don't get responded to for months?

I do like how it's fast and easy to reach out to CS and the Devs via the forums. The in-game ticket system is really lacking, as I am sure you know.

Anyway, glad to know a fix is incoming.

Default Having Same Issue

I also posted a ticket about this this morning. I bought Harrow Crypt and am missing that also. My dim slot one is doing the exact same thing as your's. I am glad I am not the only one, but it is not fun. I too am afraid to do anything with my other dims, but they seem fine at this point. Thanks for posting OP. =) and thanks for the response from the Dev.

Jeighn
    "Wherever you go, there you are." ~ Buckaroo

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Greetings Ascended!

Any time you have an issue like this, where an account needs to be modified, please submit a ticket.

We appreciate it, thanks!

Shadowlander

Vanishing dimensions are well known.. 2 slots and 3 active dimensions for example. Workaround would be just to buy another dim. slot, at least this worked for people who tried. Btw friends can see and enter "missing" dimension just fine.
    p.s. My vanished dimension ticket is still waiting too.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

Any time you have an issue like this, where an account needs to be modified, please submit a ticket.

We appreciate it, thanks!
    Submitted another ticket. Been a month since my first ticket was filed and no response. Admittedly, since only one ticket can be filed in-game at a time, I've been just adding additional issues on to the existing ticket. But I just filed a new ticket with the dimension issue on the linked page.

@plump: I just noticed that myself. Made sense as to why it was bugged out when I saw it.

+ Reply to Thread