+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph .dll error

Default Glyph .dll error

Trying to start Glyph, after the self installer finished (again!), I am now getting the following error:

location\Glyph\LIBEAY32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error... try installing the program again...

Do I have to reinstall Glyph? I restarted my PC, but still getting the error...

I had a rough day at work and just want to play Rift... ugh

In case someone else is having issues... I re-downloaded Glyph and chose the "repair" option. It is patching right now and should work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    In case someone else is having issues... I re-downloaded Glyph and chose the "repair" option. It is patching right now and should work again.
    I got the same error message. I uninstalled Glyph (be sure to tell Glyph NOT to uninstall all games, just the launcher), the re-downloaded it and re-installed it. Took just a few minutes and fixed the problem.

Soulwalker

Default me too !

I've had this issue three times in the last couple weeks. Hope it gets fixed ! I just repair the installer and it works, but its still annoying !

Soulwalker

I'm having the same problem! Every time I try to play, I get that dll error.I have previously been able to re-download and use the repair option, but today, that won't work either. Very frustrating!

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Absyntheea View Post
    I'm having the same problem! Every time I try to play, I get that dll error.I have previously been able to re-download and use the repair option, but today, that won't work either. Very frustrating!
    Can you try restarting your PC then do the Glyph repair again? Let me know if keeps happening.
    Last edited by Fasti; 10-28-2014 at 11:35 PM.

That was the first time I had a .dll error and I didn't uninstall glyph. Just went to Trion's account page, selected downlaod Glyph and then you can choose the "repair" option.

I hit play, when it said "playable", since the download at 1 hour left, but then got the 3300 error half way through the patch. So, I got out and started the patcher again and just let it patch, without logging into the game.

Any idea what causes this .dll error? I've been playing Rift since release and using Glyph since it was released, but never ran into this problem before. Does it have to do with the Nightmare Tide expansion?
    Last edited by Agrona77; 10-29-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Champion of Telara

This one may be related to NT, previous dll errors listed a different dll. Some of us have the unfortunate luck into running into these issues quite often, and I haven't been able to pinpoint why. I ran glyph with no issue for months, and all of a sudden I started getting al sorts of weird errors, and only with Trion products. I've gone as far as reinstalling windows and reformatting my hard drive, but the issue still remains sporadically. I WAS doing ok until I read your post, then last night I got the same issue, so I'll have to deal with it when I get home from work. My minions will starve otherwise! Lol
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Champion of Telara

repairing my glyph install didn't work, so i deleted it, and it downloaded OK, so I'm not sure if it was something that got fixed with the new patch today, or if my mojo was working (for a change)
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread