+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't get into game after clicking Play

Default Can't get into game after clicking Play

I had to reinstall Windows 7 and so when I reinstalled Rift through Steam and did the Update clicking Play did nothing. I've even tried reinstalling the game but still nothing and my firewall already has this game in the Allow section so I know its not that. :/

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Sounds like you need to "update" DirectX 9.0c as after a fresh install of Windows, it doesn't always have the older files fully.

Try these links to get the missing files:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=34429

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Sounds like you need to "update" DirectX 9.0c as after a fresh install of Windows, it doesn't always have the older files fully.

Try these links to get the missing files:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=34429

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
    I just tried reinstalling the game from Glyph. When I clicked Play when the bar turned green I got an error saying Insufficient Video Card, does that mean I dont have DirectX 9 fully or something?

Customer Support GM Hummingbird's Avatar

Hey there,

The error you're receiving can be caused by out of date video drivers. I would suggest making sure you're using the most recent drivers, as well as double-checking that you don't have any more pending Windows updates.

Soulwalker

I have similar issues. I just log into Glyph and when I click on the play button the game begins to initialize and then crashes. A box pops up that has "Rift Error Handler" at the top and says the game has encountered an error and begins gathering diagnostic information.

There was an issue last year where a Windows 7 update was causing this, but it was resolved. I have been playing the game fine since then and only thing I did was take a 5-6 month break from the game.

I have tried all the recommendations on the Rift forums and the Glyph forums. I don't know what else to do and I just started back up my subscription 4 days ago I have checked everything for updates, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Glyph and Rift, everything. I have even tried the links here in the posts above me.
    Last edited by Purplesaurusrex; 10-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Purplesaurusrex View Post
    I have similar issues. I just log into Glyph and when I click on the play button the game begins to initialize and then crashes. A box pops up that has "Rift Error Handler" at the top and says the game has encountered an error and begins gathering diagnostic information.

There was an issue last year where a Windows 7 update was causing this, but it was resolved. I have been playing the game fine since then and only thing I did was take a 5-6 month break from the game.

I have tried all the recommendations on the Rift forums and the Glyph forums. I don't know what else to do and I just started back up my subscription 4 days ago I have checked everything for updates, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Glyph and Rift, everything. I have even tried the links here in the posts above me.

Same problem here. Nothing's working, and everything's up to date

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I can't be certain of the exact cause, as it sounds like there may be a couple different errors happening for each of you.

If your graphics driver is up to date, please provide us with the model of your graphics card. Having this info will help us determine the best next step.

Next time you launch Glyph, right-click on RIFT and select Repair. Once the repair is done, try launching the game again.

If this doesn't work, or you have already tried it, we wil want to work with you each one on one. Contact support and explain your specific issue, and what specific steps you have already tried. Attach your DXDIAG report to the ticket so they can troubleshoot more effectively.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread