+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lag Hits | Worse in Droughtlands?

Default Lag Hits | Worse in Droughtlands?

I've been getting minor lag hiccups for days now throughout the world (Greybriar) however when I teleported to Droughtlands to help a buddy (still on same shard) we were getting huge lag spikes even though my average ping (San Diego) is ~45.

I've never seen this issue with a modern MMOG and am quite concerned especially given others have complained about the same thing.

Any idea what the cause is and if Trion is working to fix it? Even more interesting is /who is failed to work in the Droughtlands but when I teleported back to Western Commons it worked just fine...

The lag spikes generally last 2-3 seconds (everything stops then catches up).

So it seems the lag was very zone-centric - which tells me it's possibly server side rather than client side. Is there any progress or status report from Trion on addressing this issue? My buddy on the east coast said the game was nearly unplayable in Doughtlands last night - and i confirmed the same thing from the other side of the country....

+ Reply to Thread