+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why did the Glyph website attempt to overcharge me?!

Default Why did the Glyph website attempt to overcharge me?!

Attempted to purchase the Ultimate Nightmare Pack for 149.99, using my card with a 150.00 limit. It was declined. I checked the card company and they said that Trion attempted to charge the card 172.48. That is 15% more!?... The page that shows how much that will be charged says, "Subtotal: 149.99, Tax: 0.00, Total: 149.99 so the website shouldn't have charged me more than 149.99.

I've already put in a ticket, and I've already talked to Live chat who said they are escalating to tier 2 (because I refused to be let off with a "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" and insisted that she do something to resolve the issue) ... But god only know how long it will take to get to that so I want someone look into the server and tell me why the heck it would charge me 172.48 for the Ultimate Nightmare Pack... I mean even with our 7% Sales tax (which it didn't say I was being charged) it should have only been 160.48.

Default I've discovered the problem

The credit card (Giftcard) that I'm using will automatically authorize 20% extra to cover a tip, if the company's merchant account is coded to be a tip receiving industry. So Trion's merchant account is listed as a restaurant or a hair salon or Valet or some other industry that takes tips and that is why the attempt to charge 150.00 is actually authorizing 172.48 and declining my card.

I have a ticket in requesting that they contact their merchant account provider and ensure that they are coded as an industry that does not take tips, so that my transaction will actually go through.

Until (if) Trion fixes this, If you plan on purchasing anything with a Gift card make sure the amount on the giftcard is 20% higher than the cost of the item, or you will hit the same brick wall I did.

Odd that you got over charged. I think there is a mistake somewhere and Trion needs to fix it. I never use any type of card for my game purchases and never had a problem so I think you did the right thing to insist they address this.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 10-15-2014 at 06:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread