+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift on one email, Archeage on another: How do I use Glyph?

Default Rift on one email, Archeage on another: How do I use Glyph?

I started playing Rift many years ago, and used an old email address.

I signed up for Archeage a month or so back, and used my new one.

The Glyph launcher is keyed to the new email address, meaning when I try to launch Rift, I get a blank character selection screen. I tried to change my email address on the Rift account to my new one, and was told the email is in use.

I know that. It's in use by me.

How do I get the Glyph launcher to work smoothly? Barring that, how do I disable it so I can launch Rift directly so I can have it log in using my old email automatically as it used to?

Can you not click the Logout button across the top of glyph, then click Login, and enter the relevant email address.

Its a bit of pain, but that is how I have to use Glyph on my 2 rift accounts.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

I could, but that would require me to keep my old email in play permanently, which I don't want to do. That's the whole point of moving to a new email address, to stop using the old one.

Rift Disciple

dunno how and if it works but you can try changing your email address. from the glyph acc page log on with the email add associated with Rift and choose "change email address "
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

General of Telara

Natia, he did try that, doesn't work.

The problem is, you have now two Trion (Glyph) Accounts, and they are bound to your email address. You should've changed the email in your original account instead of creating a new one. I don't think there's anything you can do yourself, you'll have to contact support if it's somehow possible to manually join your accounts, but I somehow doubt it.

I do however remember that there's a way to have different default accounts in Glyph via editing the configuration file manually, but I don't know anymore in which of those countless Glyph threads it was explained by dev...

Thanks for the replies, folks, you've been more helpful than the actual support staff. I'll just not play Rift; they basically developed a system that makes me want to not give them money.

+ Reply to Thread