+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't Purchase Credits in-game with Steam Wallet

Soulwalker

Default Can't Purchase Credits in-game with Steam Wallet

I cannot purchase credits in-game with my steam wallet. Everytime I try to purchase credits I get the following message: "WE'RE SORRY. There was a problem completing this purchase. This may be because of security check on your side that are designed to keep your account safe. Please contact customer service so that they can assist you with this purchase"

I've logged a ticked on the glyph support centre, but the ticket has been in an unresolved state for almost a week now. Ticket Reference Number 141002-003623

Please advise me on how to fix this issue. Thank you.

Same thing for me, but not using the steam wallet Unresolved and waiting
    Blood is thicker than liquor, both of which get in my way.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Pipz2112 View Post
    I cannot purchase credits in-game with my steam wallet. Everytime I try to purchase credits I get the following message: "WE'RE SORRY. There was a problem completing this purchase. This may be because of security check on your side that are designed to keep your account safe. Please contact customer service so that they can assist you with this purchase"

I've logged a ticked on the glyph support centre, but the ticket has been in an unresolved state for almost a week now. Ticket Reference Number 141002-003623

Please advise me on how to fix this issue. Thank you.
    Can you check your ticket for an update, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Haittavaikutus View Post
    Same thing for me, but not using the steam wallet Unresolved and waiting
    If you have a ticket submitted can I get the reference number from you? I want to make sure to check the status for you.

Soulwalker

I'm having the exact same issue with using the steam wallet to pay as in the first post. I definitely have anough funds in the wallet and have even re-installed the client. No joy there though. I have also submitted a ticket ref: 141009-001453
    Last edited by Arralia89; 10-10-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Bump for visibility

Customer Support GM Hummingbird's Avatar

The Steam error in question is usually caused by a discrepancy with the country and/or currency code not matching up to your Trion account. You can check out our support article about this here, and give those steps a shot.

Should that not resolve the issue, please make sure your update your ticket with this information so we can get to the bottom of the matter!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    The Steam error in question is usually caused by a discrepancy with the country and/or currency code not matching up to your Trion account. You can check out our support article about this here, and give those steps a shot.

Should that not resolve the issue, please make sure your update your ticket with this information so we can get to the bottom of the matter!
    Huh, that was strange. I tried this a few days ago. followed the link in the help article (which, by the way has a dodgy url in it as it links to the following: .https://support.trionworlds.com/euf/...s/rift/here%20https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...y!input.action' - the emphasised part of the url shouldnt be there ) it had The United Kingdom there (as did steam) and the save button was grayed out so I thought nothing of it.

However after you suggested this I tried changing the drop down option to another country and then immediately changing back to the UK, I could now save!

I did so and lo' and behold I can now purchase credits.

Thanks very much for your help

Customer Support GM Hummingbird's Avatar

Thanks for pointing out that link! Passed along the info so that can get fixed.

Also, I'm glad changing the country code worked for you! I'll be sure to suggest the steps you took to other players in the future.

+ Reply to Thread