+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't Purchase Credits in-game with Steam Wallet

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Can't Purchase Credits in-game with Steam Wallet

    I cannot purchase credits in-game with my steam wallet. Everytime I try to purchase credits I get the following message: "WE'RE SORRY. There was a problem completing this purchase. This may be because of security check on your side that are designed to keep your account safe. Please contact customer service so that they can assist you with this purchase"

    I've logged a ticked on the glyph support centre, but the ticket has been in an unresolved state for almost a week now. Ticket Reference Number 141002-003623

    Please advise me on how to fix this issue. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Haittavaikutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Same thing for me, but not using the steam wallet Unresolved and waiting
    Blood is thicker than liquor, both of which get in my way.

  3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Community Manager Fasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipz2112 View Post
    I cannot purchase credits in-game with my steam wallet. Everytime I try to purchase credits I get the following message: "WE'RE SORRY. There was a problem completing this purchase. This may be because of security check on your side that are designed to keep your account safe. Please contact customer service so that they can assist you with this purchase"

    I've logged a ticked on the glyph support centre, but the ticket has been in an unresolved state for almost a week now. Ticket Reference Number 141002-003623

    Please advise me on how to fix this issue. Thank you.
    Can you check your ticket for an update, please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haittavaikutus View Post
    Same thing for me, but not using the steam wallet Unresolved and waiting
    If you have a ticket submitted can I get the reference number from you? I want to make sure to check the status for you.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm having the exact same issue with using the steam wallet to pay as in the first post. I definitely have anough funds in the wallet and have even re-installed the client. No joy there though. I have also submitted a ticket ref: 141009-001453
    Last edited by Arralia89; 10-10-2014 at 08:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Bump for visibility

  6. #6
    Customer Support GM Hummingbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    164

    Default

    The Steam error in question is usually caused by a discrepancy with the country and/or currency code not matching up to your Trion account. You can check out our support article about this here, and give those steps a shot.

    Should that not resolve the issue, please make sure your update your ticket with this information so we can get to the bottom of the matter!

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    The Steam error in question is usually caused by a discrepancy with the country and/or currency code not matching up to your Trion account. You can check out our support article about this here, and give those steps a shot.

    Should that not resolve the issue, please make sure your update your ticket with this information so we can get to the bottom of the matter!
    Huh, that was strange. I tried this a few days ago. followed the link in the help article (which, by the way has a dodgy url in it as it links to the following: .https://support.trionworlds.com/euf/...s/rift/here%20https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...y!input.action' - the emphasised part of the url shouldnt be there ) it had The United Kingdom there (as did steam) and the save button was grayed out so I thought nothing of it.

    However after you suggested this I tried changing the drop down option to another country and then immediately changing back to the UK, I could now save!

    I did so and lo' and behold I can now purchase credits.

    Thanks very much for your help

  8. #8
    Customer Support GM Hummingbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Thanks for pointing out that link! Passed along the info so that can get fixed.

    Also, I'm glad changing the country code worked for you! I'll be sure to suggest the steps you took to other players in the future.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts