+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Remove Authenticator not working.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Valanze View Post
    Did you take a look at the article I mentioned to note that the remove authenticator link is not present?
    Definitely. That feature is currently not functioning, so I hit up the support team to get the article updated. We'll be integrating that feature again at a later date from what I've heard from the team.

Now, you should be redirected to the recovery form. Let me know if you see somewhere this hasn't been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by kalloch View Post
    How do you go up in queue while in live chat?

i.e. 10->11
    Up in queue? That's odd, but it's possible that the number wasn't registering a user and corrected itself I suppose. It's possible that a GM disconnected for some reason and a user had to be placed back into queue to be connected with another GM. We don't like to put people who have been waiting at the end of a line when a GM disconnects, though that case is rather rare.
    Last edited by CM Kiwibird; 10-07-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Could you please also tell Support that currently, every solution for a lost or broken Authenticator I've found requires an Authentication Code to proceed?
    • Logging in to Support
    • Updating the Authentication Key
    • Removing the Authenticator from the account

Oh, and add to that list:
    • Access Live Chat

Your best bet is to buy $5 of credits, wait 12 hours for live chat to get enabled, then go into the "Archeage" help chat, seemed more consistent queue'ing. Not sure if they're all mixed together or what. My wait time was like ~3 hours but issue was resolved.
    Last edited by kalloch; 10-07-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    Sigil Mage
    T2 progression
    Kalloch@Wolfsbane
    soco (Reddit)

Quote Originally Posted by kalloch View Post
    Your best bet is to buy $5 of credits, wait 12 hours for live chat to get enabled, then go into the "Archeage" help chat, seemed more consistent queue'ing. Not sure if they're all mixed together or what. My wait time was like ~3 hours but issue was resolved.
    Oh, thank you, there's another thing to add to my list of things I can't do:
    • Buy credits to get chat enabled.

I appreciate the suggestion, but that also requires the Authenticator Code to access my account.

I suppose I could create a new account and put $5 on it, but right now I'm not interested in risking more money on this game. I've already paid enough money to them over the years, and while I'm not bothered by accusations of "Pay To Win", I am bothered by "Pay To Access The Account I've Put A Few Hundred Dollars Into Over Three Years."
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 10-08-2014 at 08:58 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    I appreciate the suggestion, but that also requires the Authenticator Code to access my account.
    Hey there. Currently, the only option for authenticator removal is to contact support with this form. You've done the right thing, and your authenticator should be removed now.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    Hey there. Currently, the only option for authenticator removal is to contact support with this form. You've done the right thing, and your authenticator should be removed now.
    It has been, and I thank you for your help. I'm looking forward to getting back in.

I'm debating whether or not to use the Authenticator in the future.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    It has been, and I thank you for your help. I'm looking forward to getting back in.

I'm debating whether or not to use the Authenticator in the future.
    I definitely understand. I'm sorry about the trouble you've run into with the authenticator, but we do intend to implement a self removal support tool in the future. Keep an eye out, we'll be posting about it when we do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2