+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wing man
  • 1 Post By TheDoomgiver

Thread: Glyph passing out Error #2003 Reason: Glyph is garbage

Soulwalker

Default Glyph passing out Error #2003 Reason: Glyph is garbage

So the issue exists in Archage as well as here in Rift, basically the Glyph client will randomly ban your account. I feel really sorry for the Archage people, one of the first threads at the top on the Archage technical forums is titled "Contagious banning disease?!" filled with lots of complaints about Glyph and the majority of the people bought the founder packs for Archage, only to be insta-banned upon their first login attempt into the Archage.

To make matters worse, the current wait time for a response to a support ticket to Trion is 90 to 105 business hours. Trion does not have any phone support, they discontinued that back in 2013. Because the person's account is banned, they cannot access most of the Technical support services including the live chat feature. So a Technical support email to Trion directly is the only way to solve the issue. An "email and pray" is the only solution.

However, I can confirm that my account is not banned and I am sure that everyone else who has run into this issue is also not banned. Well the accounts are inaccesable but I found that I can log into the Rift Mobile app with my characters and chat with my guild, use the other features like view who is online (guild members/friends list), view current zone events, and even play the scratch off game and win prizes. Yet, I cannot log into Glyph or Trionworlds account management/froums (I had to create a new account to post on this message). Glyph is just blocking the account and flagging it as banned for whatever reason but not all of Rift's or Trionworld's systems acknowledge the ban, which tells me that Glyph is just plain garbage.

Ascendant

This sounds horrendous, are there REALLY large numbers of players being insta-banned the moment they login?

Telaran

That right there is a completely unacceptable problem, especially for the players that were dishing out money for the Archeage founders packs.

With Trion in the middle of a Customer/Technical Support hiatus, there is a major risk of losing new players/customers who joined for Archeage, only to be insta-banned. Since this is now happening to RIFT's players as well, and just before a massive expansion, players will be unable to log in until after the expansion, when the focus will be off meeting the 3.0 deadline. Once the expansion is out, however, the focus will be on fixing any major bugs and crashes, which takes some time.

I get the feeling that the C/TS aspect of Trion is a little bit overwhelmed, and probably won't return to normal for 2 or 3 weeks :/

I really, really hate the Glyph part of AA/Rift. About every 3rd day it reinstalls, about every 4-5 days, it won't connect. Sometimes it takes 5-6 tries, even trying run as admin, before it might start.
    Every day I logon, and cringe when I doubleclick the icon. To those that have np's,, cheers. To those who cannot login because of the account ban crap, or anything else, I am sorry.

I got rid of glyph and never looked back. The day they force it is the day I'm done with Rift.

Soulwalker

My wife and I (both patrons) are getting this as well.
    I submitted a ticket... and the response is that they'll get to it in 96-120 hours!!

Funny thing is... They just billed me yesterday.

Our non-patron accounts are dead too.

I can't live chat because I can only log in with this account, which I just created!!!

Soulwalker

Even if a person violates the user agreements that Trionworlds has for Rift, if the person is a Patron, I feel that they should at least be given an email with the reason for the ban.

I did nothing wrong, no bad language, no botting, etc. I am a Patron and yet no email and I cannot access the Live chat.

Yet I can use the Rift mobile application!, chat with my guild mates, read about their exciting raids (The guild's first raid in Storm Legion was on Monday), I can use all the other features including winning prizes on the scratch offs. How is any of that possible with a banned account? That tells me that my account is not banned and there is broken coding somewhere.

I am shocked though that there is no phone service, with Archage have just been released, you would think that the company would have a better support system in place.

I play another mmorpg that is Free to Play, with the option of a subscription. The company that runs the mmorpg does not provide the option to submit support tickets to non-subscribers. The company however not only offers the ability to submit support tickets for those who subscribe, but they also have what they call "24-hour concierge phone service" for subscribers. You get to talk to a person that has English as their first language.

Trionworlds however, does not seem care if you are a paying customer or not.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Its *almost* like Trion wants AA to fail (who doenst).

Hope this is the last nail in AA's (and Glyph's) coffin.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    I got rid of glyph and never looked back. The day they force it is the day I'm done with Rift.
    I know how to work around Glyph for Rift (rename that one file under the Rift folder). Anyone know of a way to bypass it for AA?

Ascendant

So reminiscent of ESO a couple of weeks after launch, an anti-bot ban hit several hundred innocent players and their forums were filled with such reports.

Those threads were also full of others saying those reporting the false positives as liars and that they must have been guilty, I'm see that on AA's forum as well.

Soulwalker

Default Issues Solved!

I ended up complaining on the Rift Facebook page, within 1 hour of my complaint, the customer service representitive contacted me and unbanned my account.

They representitive also added that if my account gets banned again, to contact the rep so that they can again fix the issue. I am happy with this outcome, I just wish they would show a bit more activity in their support ticket system and these message boards.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Felwitch View Post
    I ended up complaining on the Rift Facebook page, within 1 hour of my complaint, the customer service representitive contacted me and unbanned my account.

They representitive also added that if my account gets banned again, to contact the rep so that they can again fix the issue. I am happy with this outcome, I just wish they would show a bit more activity in their support ticket system and these message boards.
    That's what I ended up doing last night!!!

A 4-5 day response is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    I know how to work around Glyph for Rift (rename that one file under the Rift folder). Anyone know of a way to bypass it for AA?
    I didn't bother with AA sorry. As for glyph I don't even bypass, I straight up uninstalled it. Luckily I've had Rift installed before Glyph was available and can get around it that way. Glyph is just an all around horrible resource hog that makes Steam's bootstrapper look good.

+ Reply to Thread