+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Meowy
  • 1 Post By Kerin

Thread: Shadows still need fixing.

Soulwalker

Default Shadows still need fixing.

uhh time for shadows to be fixed. If i wanted to use only one gpu I wouldnt have bought two. Is it game breaking, no. have I stopped giving trion money, yes. Whatever graphics optimization that was supposedly given to the shadows has been completely negated by the fact that now 50% of my gpu power has to be turned off. You will loose my monthly payment for good if this isnt fixed in the upcoming content drop. stop worrying about the people with 12 yr old gpu's or laptops, they are not the ones that will pay for monthly subs.

/shrug.

I have a 12-year old laptop.

And I am a patron.
    Serale@Faeblight

Soulwalker

And I wish Trion didnt make your 12 yr old laptop my problem, but they did and its time for them to fix that.

Shadowlander

I'm with you. I dropped my sub until Trion fixes this. Then MAYBE I'll come back. the new WoW expansion might draw me back there for awhile, who knows. I do know that Trion broke their own game for us SLI/Xfire users and they give every indication that they don't give a ****.

Ascendant

LOLWOD .. oh, and you're talking about 'leaving' a game over something as relatively trivial as shadows?

Really?

OK.

And I'm with Meowy .. although I don't have a 12-year-old laptop my main games PC is a humble desktop that only has one now-dated GPU (GTX580) but I'm a patron too.
    Last edited by Kerin; 09-30-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    LOLWOD .. oh, and you're talking about 'leaving' a game over something as relatively trivial as shadows?
    I'd be more concerned that this could point to a lack of technical ability, and an endemic problem at Trion.

Soulwalker

Sooo... shadows are still broken on the NT PTS. Not good , not good .

What does the shadow problem look like. My system is using an Intel i5-4670K and an nVidia GTX 670. I run in Ultra Graphics mode with full screen effects turned off. I see shadows fine, although the edges of them are a little jaggy and flickery.
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 10-01-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    What does the shadow problem look like. My system is using an Intel i5-4670K and an nVidia GTX 670. I run in Ultra Graphics mode with full screen effects turned off. I see shadows fine, although the edges of them are a little jaggy and flickery.
    It effects SLi users. all the shadows flicker like crazy, think strobe light. its unbearable. turning off shadows and or a gpu fixes the problem, but makes the game look/run like total crap. they introduced the bug months ago fixing what wasnt broken on the rift 2.8 PTS and acknowledged the issue then, still made it onto live servers. thats when I stopped playing because of it. but here we are months and numerous "Hotfixes" later and the issue is still happening. And now it seems the NT drop will also have the problem, yet no word from trion about any of it.

I just came back to the game after a break and I have the same issue with my SLI it worked fine before so I hope this gets fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpigman View Post
    ...turning off shadows and or a gpu fixes the problem, but makes the game look/run like total crap...
    Here's a screencap from my system, it plays full speed like this. Does it cripple SLI machines only?

http://i.imgur.com/MEF68R8.jpg
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 10-01-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=LeCreaux;4908503]Here's a screencap from my system, it plays full speed like this. Does it cripple SLI machines only?

As far as im aware it is only an issue for SLi/Crossfire users.

Telaran

in support to this thread
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ing-3-0-a.html

I really hope that the developers are not deaf or blind and haven't lost their ability to talk or type and give us some answer to this issue. You won't or can't fix it ? Fine. Say it for crying out loud. Give us some information. But having so many people complaining and not giving the any information is .... well, annoying. At least.

+ Reply to Thread