+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannot Connect to Character Selection Server

Default Cannot Connect to Character Selection Server

Rather than copy and paste my post from August, I'll just link the thread here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post4877224 (Mine is the 5th post down)

This exact same issue has happened again. It started immediately following the patch/update on Wednesday 09/24/14. I have unplugged my router/cable box and tried everything listed in that thread again; still can't get past 70%.

Last time it took a week for them to re-patch/hotfix/whatever it was that finally allowed me to log in again. Is there anything I can do to speed up this process this time?

Additionally, I have had an in-game ticket open since 08/30/14. As of 09/23/14, it was still unanswered, save an automated reply (which was attempting to discern if I still needed help; I responded and let them know I still do).

Any help on either front? This is getting ridiculous...

~Ayahna
    Wolfsbane

I've been having the exact same problem Ayahna. Every 2-4 patches they break something for me and I can't connect. Previously it was only affecting the NA shards, but this time around they even broke my being able to connect to the EU ones.

I do wish they'd get off the toilet and wipe the crap off that is breaking the game for me. It's gotten old very fast and is the biggest reason I've not supported the game recently.

Shadowlander

Default Cannot connect to ANY game OR server

Same for me. Right after the update I couldn't log on anymore. I get to about 75% before I get the connect fail. I'm still new but I'm guessing this is a problem that started after GLYPH became mandatory.

I have also tried to install ArcheAge and Defiance. ArcheAge crashes during intro and has never worked even after I tried all the solutions posted in the threads and asked them for help.

Defiance had never been able to connect to any servers and due to previous experience I didn't bother trying anything

I've put quite a bit of time into get to lvl 50 it would sincerely suck if that's the end I hope this gets fixed soon. Kinda ridiculous that nothing works right.

Hello, forum GMs.

Yes, this is still a problem, just providing some additional information:

I can, in fact, log into Rift with absolutely no problems from other locations (my mother's house, my local college library, public WiFi at the cafe, etc), but I can't log in at my "home" location, which is where I play Rift.

The modem/router combo being used from my "home" location is an Arris, model #TG862G. It is both the modem and the router. I am aware that this configuration is not ideal and that this particular model is, in all actuality, a PoS. Be that as it may, I do not have the funds to go out and purchase a new cable modem and/or router.

And, quite frankly, I shouldn't have to relocate or purchase new equipment just because something Trion has done on their end is no longer compatible with my crappy equipment, which worked just fine until they changed something on their end. "Making Glyph mandatory" seems to be the working theory(?). However, I have always used Glyph to log on, ever since they introduced it to the login process...

I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm speaking truths. Please just figure out what went wrong on your end and fix it asap...? Being that I am totally broke, Rift is one of my only free/inexpensive de-stressors (and I have a feeling there are other players out there in a similar situation, experiencing this problem).

Love, puppies, and kittens,

~Ayahna
    Wolfsbane

Not that any GMs read this thread, but after today's patch, I am once again able to log in from my home location.

Now if only someone would respond to the ticket I opened on August 30th, 2014...

*coughcough* reference number 140830-001233 *coughcough*

Shadowlander

Default Well i'm still unable 2 connect

Nearly two weeks now. The last update allowed me to connect to the US servers but I still cannot connect to the EU servers and that's where I play.

+ Reply to Thread