+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By intrinsc

Thread: Specific mouse icons not appearing when hovering over certain NPCs(and quests!)

Default Specific mouse icons not appearing when hovering over certain NPCs(and quests!)

Long time player here recently coming back to give 3.0 a spin. So, yesterday, I updated Rift and I can not see Vendor/AH/Quest specific tooltips when I hover my mouse over them. I unisntalled and reinstalled Rift to no avail. I reset all of the UI's on all my toons to no avail. I googled the universe to no avail. Here are two screenshots of what is happening. I hope someone here can help since this is making it very annoying to level my new rogue. Thanks for any help whether it produces a fix or not.

On this one(I have no idea why the cursor isn't showing on the screenshot) the cursor is right above Katia's head:
    http://i.imgur.com/U8aNauN.jpg

On this one, when I get close enough to the NPC's body to trigger a tooltip the cursor disappears:
    http://i.imgur.com/h39EbLH.jpg

This happens to all quest givers, vendors, quest items(the shiny ones), artifacts, etc. Basically, anything I can click on that is interactable.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Okay, so I figured out what was happening earlier today. It seems that the culprit was turning on 'K-BOOST' on my EVGA Precision X16 software. It would cause any icons that were supposed to come up when mousing over to disappear. Now, this is most likely related to just the software since it's brand new or it may be just a bad interaction between having that turned on and the game not liking it, but either way turning it off and restarting the PC solved it. However, turning KBOOST on, restarting the game, then turning it off didn't fix it. Turning KBOOST on even before turning the game on messes it up, so it's some kind of effect left over by turning that on as turning it off doesn't matter unless the PC is restarted. I know other software has similar functions, like MSI's Afterburner, but I'm not sure if it does the same thing and I don't have an MSI card laying around.

Essentially, what KBOOST does is that it makes the GPU run at it's highest settings at all times. I'm not a computer hardware and software expert, but that's what it does. It's also just this new version since the old Precision software versions didn't do this to Rift. Oh well, hope that helps someone out there should they run into it.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Check that, it seems to be a problem with PrecisionX 16, or its OSD, or both! http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Precisio...-m2218191.aspx
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread