+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant "Authentication Failed".

Telaran

Default Constant "Authentication Failed".

Last night I had no trouble logging into Rift, but today I'm only getting "Authentication Failed".
    I know I've put my in details correctly, as I'm still able to log into the forums just fine.
    I'm still using the riftpatchlive.exe to launch the game, as I have no intention of ever using Glyph (or any other unified launchers for that matter).
    The advantage of riftpatchlive.exe has been evident several times when friends and guildies have been unable to log in via Glyph, and I've still been able to log in fine.
    So, has any server side changes been made to force us to use Glyph, or is this a random fluke? I've not made any changes to my config so I don't see why I should be getting Authentication Failed errors.

Thanks.

Telaran

Right, appears there must be something wrong with the Rift login system, as I've just received a location verification code in my e-mail, although I'm logging in from the same computer as always, the same IP as always (I actually pay for static IP) and nothing what so ever has changed since last night.

Could please please drop this whole "Verified Locations" bs? Somebody wanting to hack you will easily be able to get around that anyway. It's just a false sense of security you're giving people, and it's inconvenient for us when it's not working as intended.

I experienced the same thing last night and I do use Glyph. I was trying to log into my Trion account via the website when I was prompted to enter an authentication code. I was also logging in from my usual home location, so it is indeed odd. The first two codes failed, the third worked and I was able to access my account.

That's when I looked at my transaction history and saw that Rift had attempted to bill me over half a dozen times for my monthly patron (luckily only one payment actually went through). I don't know what's going on, but it's suspicious and agree that random, broken verification requests are a joke.

+ Reply to Thread