+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph Error Code 5151:5 Unable to install/delete Glyph

Soulwalker

Default Glyph Error Code 5151:5 Unable to install/delete Glyph

I was downloading Archeage, I then decided to do something else so stopped the download. When I tried to resume the download Glyph produced an error. (I forget what the error was at this point).

I read a few threads on how to fix it and one was to:-

Delete the Glyph folder in local\temp (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...tail/a_id/1744)

There was also a few other on deleting the Glyph folders and trying to re-install. I have tried this but there are now files in these folders which cannot be deleted.

Program Files (x86)\Glyph
    Local\Temp\GlyphInstaller

The files are
    In Program Files (x86)\Glyph
    GlyphCrashHandler
    GlyphDownloader
    xlpack.dll

and in Local\Temp\GlyphInstaller
    GlyphCrashHandler

No matter what I do I cannot delete these files. I am Administrator and have checked permissions of the files. I have tried to "take ownership" of the files and also delete on reboot using various programs that help in deleting files.

The files state I need permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to the file and when you check the Security Permissions of the file it states. You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings.

When I try to re-install Glyph now, I get "The installer has encountered an error and cannot continue (error #5151:5)

Please can anyone advise on how I can proceed to re-install Glyph ??

Thanks in advance

If you require any further information please let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Soulwalker

Nevermind this is fixed, Don't know how, but it's working now.

+ Reply to Thread