+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: i cant log in into glyph..it do not accept my password

Soulwalker

Default i cant log in into glyph..it do not accept my password

i cant log in into glyph..it do not accept my password...i double click on glyph shortcut, input my email and password...but nothing happened...its been two days already...it starting to happened after launch of archeage...i do not install archeage, im only playing Rift for now...please do something about it..no response from technical support teams yet..already complained...

ps:my password is confirm true...my input for password is correct...do not say i wrote the wrong password to log in using glyph, i log in in glyph page with the same password ...access is permitted....

Soulwalker

same here, "authentication failed" error , even if I write everything right.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by kingasas33 View Post
    i cant log in into glyph..it do not accept my password...i double click on glyph shortcut, input my email and password...but nothing happened...its been two days already...it starting to happened after launch of archeage...i do not install archeage, im only playing Rift for now...please do something about it..no response from technical support teams yet..already complained...

ps:my password is confirm true...my input for password is correct...do not say i wrote the wrong password to log in using glyph, i log in in glyph page with the same password ...access is permitted....
    I want to make sure I fully understand the issue. You can launch Glyph, but cannot sign in at all? If you are able to play RIFT, I am not quite sure the type of error you are running into.

Use these browser troubleshooting steps first, then try opening a different web browser than you normally use to reset your password.

Once the password is reset, follow the steps on this article to delete the Glyph folder from AppData. This will clear out any old password data that may be cached.

Finally, restart Glyph and try signing in again.

I hope this helps!

Souns like the exact setup that many peeps are having when using same passwords for multiple games etc.

I also was victom of this just recently.

I tried to log in, but I swore up and down my password was correct. Thus I did a password reset. I changed my password and logged into my charactor on archage that was less than a day old.

My char was standing in front of a mailbox and had bought credits and sold all the items they bought some how. I'm not familiar enough with the game to know what the SOB did while on my account.

Anywho, I changed the passward to my glyph associated email, as well as to my glyph account to two brand new unique passwards and I've had no problems since then.

My advice:
    -Change your password immediately
    -Delete the email trion sent you after changing the password.
    -Change the password to your email account
    -Make them both completely unique
    -Log into your archage char and make sure everything is as you left it...check your mailbox too
    -Same with RIFT
    -Immediately send a detailed in game ticket to either or both games detailing what happened if you feel anything was manipulated, bought, sold, etc by someone else accessing your account.
    -Check your transaction history in both archage and glyph...available under account in their respective glyph pages, make sure you had no unauthorized transactions...if so detail those in your tickets.
    -So far TRION has done good with refunding peoples monies.
    -Lastly, realize the compromised account wasnt a hack or security breach. Someone Phished your information elsewhere or via some other means and then straight up logged in with your information.

I hope this helps!!! I followed the exact steps when I encountered your problem literally a day after creating a charactor on archage and it fixed everything.

EDIT: I know you said you didnt install archage. But if you created a charactor on a friends account, or anything of that sort, and even if you hadn't, the "hackers" are trying a variety of account informations they have phished from gamers everywhere, whether you have a charactor created or not. Its the same glyph portal for both games so I imagine some are affected that didn't even have charactors made in archage.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 09-25-2014 at 06:26 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Souns like the exact setup that many peeps are having when using same passwords for multiple games etc.

I also was victom of this just recently.

I tried to log in, but I swore up and down my password was correct. Thus I did a password reset. I changed my password and logged into my charactor on archage that was less than a day old.

My char was standing in front of a mailbox and had bought credits and sold all the items they bought some how. I'm not familiar enough with the game to know what the SOB did while on my account.

Anywho, I changed the passward to my glyph associated email, as well as to my glyph account to two brand new unique passwards and I've had no problems since then.

My advice:
    -Change your password immediately
    -Delete the email trion sent you after changing the password.
    -Change the password to your email account
    -Make them both completely unique
    -Log into your archage char and make sure everything is as you left it...check your mailbox too
    -Same with RIFT
    -Immediately send a detailed in game ticket to either or both games detailing what happened if you feel anything was manipulated, bought, sold, etc by someone else accessing your account.
    -Check your transaction history in both archage and glyph...available under account in their respective glyph pages, make sure you had no unauthorized transactions...if so detail those in your tickets.
    -So far TRION has done good with refunding peoples monies.
    -Lastly, realize the compromised account wasnt a hack or security breach. Someone Phished your information elsewhere or via some other means and then straight up logged in with your information.

I hope this helps!!! I followed the exact steps when I encountered your problem literally a day after creating a charactor on archage and it fixed everything.

EDIT: I know you said you didnt install archage. But if you created a charactor on a friends account, or anything of that sort, and even if you hadn't, the "hackers" are trying a variety of account informations they have phished from gamers everywhere, whether you have a charactor created or not. Its the same glyph portal for both games so I imagine some are affected that didn't even have charactors made in archage.
    How did that happen with the coin lock system in place? It should've prevented this from happening.

+ Reply to Thread