+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gjunky1
  • 2 Post By WejGer

Thread: Yet Another Glyph Hate Thread

Soulwalker

Default Yet Another Glyph Hate Thread

09/12/2014 12:18 PM
    This is why Glyph is such a problem for me.

- I have to have Glyph in order to play other Trion games:
    Archeage requires Glyph to play. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-we-need-Glyph
    Trove also requires Glyph to play. I can get the game to run but can't log in.

- With Glyph installed I get the 2025/2024 error when trying to play Rift.

- While Glyph is installed I can sometimes use old Rift launcher to get into the game but get kicked off with the 108: Requested select authentication (Error) when trying to change characters.

- If I un-install Glyph, the game runs fine using the old launcher and I do not get the 2025 error or the 108: Rsa (Error) when trying to change characters. But then again, Trove and Archeage become non-functional.

- With the repeated re-installing and un-installing of Glyph (I must re-verify my machine), I have been getting coin lock notifications which has never happened before.

- I want Glyph to close once Rift is started but I get and error saying "Use Client Launcher" if I set Glyph to close once the game starts. Soooo that option is faulty.

- Lately, while Rift is running I might alt+tab out of the game to look up build information on the forums or look up farming resources only to find that Glyph has an "Error 2024" waiting for me. Ironically Rift is running just fine so that means Glyph is having the error not Rift.

- Additionally, Glyph wants to re-download itself/upgrade when I shut it down.

I've done every single item on this checklist https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...d/1775/kw/2025 to try and get rid of the 2025 error.

Never had I had to go through so many steps to try to get a program running.

This is the only game company I have had connection issues with and they all started when Glyph was introduced.. Until this 2025 error can be resolved P L E A S E gives us the option to not have to use Glyph. It's broken or at least not fully doing the job for which it is intended.

[quoted] Glyph was born of a desire of Trionís teams to leverage its technology to help more developers connect with audiences they need to in order to thrive, and is intended to be player- and developer-friendly. [end quote], from http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/2...ames-platform/
    Another Glyph issue:
    While Glyph is updating a game you can't play any of the other Glyph games till its is finished patching.

|Scenerio|
    Customer: I think I'll play Trove but I see Trove needs to patch so I'll play Rift instead.
    Glyph warning: You have to cancel the patch to change games. Do you want to cancel the patch?
    Customer: *click No*.. waits in frustration...
    |end scenerio|

Why???. It is painfully stupid. If we had to option to not use Glyph we could avoid that.

I tried to select from the pop-down list below but Glyph is not an option. None of the other products are my problem. Glyph is my problem. (I had to select Rift since Rift does not work with Glyph running.)

I can't play Archeage or Trove without Glyph but I can't play Rift with it. I've put alot of cash into Rift, so it is my game choice, but if there comes a point that I can't get into the game because you have completely blocked the old launcher, your company will lose me completely as a customer. (I guess that wouldn't matter too much since you already got money out of me.)

My work around is to run Rift from it's old launcher and only run Glyph when I want play Trove or Archeage.

09/17/2014 05:36 PM
    If I can't access Trove or Archeage without Glyph then I am just going to quit playing them. I'm sick of dealing with Glyph.

09/17/2014 05:46 PM
    Archeage, Trove and Glyph uninstalled.

I don't expect a response. I've resolved my issue with Glyph. I just needed to vent my frustrations.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gjunky1 View Post
    - While Glyph is installed I can sometimes use old Rift launcher to get into the game but get kicked off with the 108: Requested select authentication (Error) when trying to change characters.

- If I un-install Glyph, the game runs fine using the old launcher and I do not get the 2025 error or the 108: Rsa (Error) when trying to change characters. But then again, Trove and Archeage become non-functional.
    Would you kindly give us a step-by-step instructions how to launch Rift without Glyph? If I uninstall Glyph and try to launch Rift it just redownloads Glyph again.

Soulwalker

G:\Games\RIFT\riftpatchlive.exe

right+click riftpatchlive.exe < Send to < Desktop (create shortcut). rename desktop shortcut to whatever.

Simple but I'm not sure if it will work for everyone because I had rift installed before Glyph. The other 2 games installed themselves into the standard directory. ie program files (x86) < Glyph < ...

I hope you get it to work. good luck.

Soulwalker

@gjunky1
    Thank you , i just play Rift so don't care about having Glyph and work like a charm.
    i uninstall the crap of Glyph and using RiftLivepatch.exe to run Rift now.

Soulwalker

do you know how to fix #2025 error when log in with glyph, actually i no have rift so i wanna download it but i cant cause glyph

Soulwalker

After AA went live, the first patch crashed on application, after downloading and eating 8 GB of data, every single time. So I wiped install, installed again, and same bug. I have since been unable to play ArcheAge at all, due to how poorly Glyph behaves. Not to mention the intensely slow patch times, they're doing a real good job of making the Warlords of Draenor expansion look appealing at this point.

Looking around I'm seeing that these kinds of problems are common and that a standalone client of AA would be an easy fix. Considering this company has run other mmos, they're not new to the gaming industry, so I'm at a loss as to why easy solutions that are available continue to go unexplored.

Between this and the initial server flood, it's as if this company intends to drive away as many players as possible, while making a great product to dangle before them, that they'll never be able to play.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by gjunky1 View Post
    Another Glyph issue:
    While Glyph is updating a game you can't play any of the other Glyph games till its is finished patching.

|Scenerio|
    Customer: I think I'll play Trove but I see Trove needs to patch so I'll play Rift instead.
    Glyph warning: You have to cancel the patch to change games. Do you want to cancel the patch?
    Customer: *click No*.. waits in frustration...
    |end scenerio|
    That isn't necessarily true. Click on Play for the game you want to play, wait for it to do a second patch check or whatever, then quickly click on the "tab" for the game you want to patch, and hit Update. I generally start Defiance up before patching Rift, and it rarely fails to give me enough time to manage it.

We shouldn't have to do that, however. I mean having to do that, not play either game until one's done patching, or get stuck in an infinite cycle of "click other game -> no I don't want to cancel the damn patch, I clicked on another game, not a 'cancel' button -> wash -> rinse -> repeat" in true Einsteinian insanity fashion is rather asinine.

Default Glyph launches, then vanishes

I'm having an issue with Glyph, where it will launch and accept my log in, but then it crashes and disappears. I never even have a chance to launch a game. Can anyone help me?
    "Until All Are One!"
    - Optimus Prime

+ Reply to Thread