+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game not reading all Mouse Buttons

Default Game not reading all Mouse Buttons

I have a Logitech G700 and RIFT (along with some other applications like Mumble and TeamSpeak) does not read 2 of the 4 "thumb buttons". The bottom 2 are read as Mouse4 and Mouse5, but when I try to bind the top 2 nothing happens. This is quite irritating as the mouse is still in good shape, and though I'm looking at getting a Razer mouse sometime in the future, I don't really want to yet since I just dumped over $200 on a new keyboard and headset.

Is anyone else having the problem with RIFT and other apps not reading all of your mouse buttons? Is there anything I can do (besides updating drivers, duh) to fix this? Or is RIFT (and Mumble, TeamSpeak, etc) just not able to read those extra buttons for whatever reason?

My guess is that the buttons that cannot be bound in game are used by your mouse
    for altering the sensor dpi sensitivity.
    Go into your mouse editor,bind these buttons to keyboard functions of your choice,and
    then try to bind them in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chulk View Post
    My guess is that the buttons that cannot be bound in game are used by your mouse
    for altering the sensor dpi sensitivity.
    Go into your mouse editor,bind these buttons to keyboard functions of your choice,and
    then try to bind them in game.
    Thanks for the advice! The buttons I was talking about weren't the DPI switch ones (those were located elsewhere) and actually weren't bound to any command.

I switched them over to Numpad 1-4 (both the 2 thumb buttons and 2 DPI buttons) and it let me bind them. I first tried just mirroring the Forward/Back functions that the other 2 thumb buttons were bound to, but it just read it as the same Mouse4/5 buttons.

Though it says "Num 1" on the keybind instead of "Mouse 6", so I'll just have to get used that.

Sword of Telara

I have the same mouse. I also just used the Logitech software to rebind those "extra" mousebuttons to a keyboard key that I never use, and then remap Rift to whatever key I used.
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 09-23-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Thanks for the advice! The buttons I was talking about weren't the DPI switch ones (those were located elsewhere) and actually weren't bound to any command.

I switched them over to Numpad 1-4 (both the 2 thumb buttons and 2 DPI buttons) and it let me bind them. I first tried just mirroring the Forward/Back functions that the other 2 thumb buttons were bound to, but it just read it as the same Mouse4/5 buttons.

Though it says "Num 1" on the keybind instead of "Mouse 6", so I'll just have to get used that.
    Windows does not have a "Mouse 6". There is only 1-5. Everything else must be bound through another key. I have a razer naga and I keep my thumb buttons bound to num 0-9, num +, and mum -. Not like you'll ever touch those while gaming anyway.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread