+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant remove old authenticator

Soulwalker

Default Cant remove old authenticator

Hello,

Im an old returning player and at some point i must of added the authenticator to my account through my old mobile phone. Ive tried everything to remove it, the accounts page is telling me there should be a blue link next to the send button for the code on their sign in page for not having access to an old authenticator but this isnt there at all.

Theres no way to open a ticket since literally everything i press regarding contact on the Glyph site redirects to the page asking for the authenticator code. So how am i supposed to contact someone to remove the authenticator if it is asking for the authenticator code before i can log in and do it? seems a bit daft to me.

Ive filled in an account recovery form but had no reply... im a bit stuck and was intending to purchase Archeage to play today but didnt want to have to create a new email address just so i can create a new account for that

I am in the EXACT same boat and would have purchased last week if not for this road block. Cannot find a number to call and cannot do a ticket since keeps wanting my mobile code...

Soulwalker

Ive tried literally everything, allllllll day.... given up now. Every instruction they give you to resolve it just contradicts itself or half the links its telling you to click just arnt there anymore, its like they have updated a lot of pages but not the support pages which tell you where to go for the manual recovery. I found somewhere talking about being able to recover the serial on your old mobile authenticator, but then of course they have updated the mobile authenticator to not include that option anyone, nice. Basically wasted a day and pissed myself off for nothing

Plane Touched

Thats tough because they ended phone support a while back.

I take it you can't even log in to your account from the website?

Soulwalker

It logs in no problem, i havent forgotten the username or password but then whenever you try and get into the internal workings of your account, like security/billing etc it asks for the authentication.

It wouldnt be so bad if they had left in the ability to restore the mobile app using serial keys and security questions but without that im literally completely locked out well unless they decide to answer the webform i submitted but thats been a while now

Soulwalker

I'm in the same exact boat....I've submitted an account recovery request, but that feels like it's fallen on deaf ears.

I have the same issue, I bought a new phone and have downloaded the authenticator app but cannot get into my account to add the new code. Support directs you to the mysterious blue link that I think disappeared when glyph went live. I submitted a ticket and the response time is suggested as 90-120hrs which seems outrageous for something that is denying me access to my account.

Soulwalker

Well ive resorted to making a new gmail account just so i could make a new glyph account which ive had to make a small purchase on their store just to be able to use live chat to see if i can get anywhere with that...... the live chat put me in a 15 long queue that told me i would have to sit and wait for 4 hours in.

Brilliant customer support, all the tickets ive made havent been answered so ive had to send them and email now on an old email for support i found, its support@trionworlds.com if any of you want to give it a try too but all it seemed to do was create a similar ticket to the web based one.

Soulwalker

I know its probably not an ideal solution but the second account worked, it wouldnt let me use live chat unless i had made a purchase so i just bought 5 of archeage currency so that the live chat would enable on that account. I spoke to them through there today and they had my old main account unlocked for me so im good to go now.
    I did speak to the gm about the email address though and aparenty its still functioning so you can use that to get in touch with them without the webform and you will get a reply that way, good luck ;)

Having the same problem.

Did anyone here ever get an answer? I'm not interested in buying a new account to solve their issue.

+ Reply to Thread