+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Ozamis
  • 1 Post By Sefax

Thread: Authentication Email is not sent to my email ? HELP PLEASE

Soulwalker

Default Authentication Email is not sent to my email ? HELP PLEASE

As stated above. I'm not able to play RIFT as everytime i tried to login, a authentication code will be asked.

However, the authentication code is not being send to my email. How am i suppose to login ?
    Anybody facing the same issue ?

Soulwalker

Same. It's a crappy security system designed for idiots who don't know how to be secure with their own credentials.

I'm using Yahoo e-mail. My spam folder is void of Glyph- and RIFT-related e-mails, and I've yet to receive an Authentication Code in my Inbox. Yahoo e-mail doesn't have anything else related to a "promotions" folder.

Congratulations. You've made an unpopular game even more unpopular because of a few money spending morons who think the internet doesn't weigh anything and is packaged in a neat little box with a blinking red button.

Soulwalker

Default Same Issue

I am not using a gmail account. I have the same issue. The authentication code is not being sent to my email account.

aol here nothing in junk or spam nothing is being sent. I want some lockboxes!!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

The thing that gets me is i have to reauthenticate every few weeks, it says i am loggin in from a new location.. same location same internet. same computer... this is getting OLD
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    The thing that gets me is i have to reauthenticate every few weeks, it says i am loggin in from a new location.. same location same internet. same computer... this is getting OLD
    Oh dear......i'm wasting my patron membership. Extremely disappointed in Trion's service level this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kierisley View Post
    I am not using a gmail account. I have the same issue. The authentication code is not being sent to my email account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozamis View Post
    Same. It's a crappy security system designed for idiots who don't know how to be secure with their own credentials.

I'm using Yahoo e-mail. My spam folder is void of Glyph- and RIFT-related e-mails, and I've yet to receive an Authentication Code in my Inbox. Yahoo e-mail doesn't have anything else related to a "promotions" folder.

Congratulations. You've made an unpopular game even more unpopular because of a few money spending morons who think the internet doesn't weigh anything and is packaged in a neat little box with a blinking red button.
    That really sucks. I wanted to top up my credit to purchase ingame items but was unable to login my account......even after i checked my entire email and refresh it a several times.

Please fix this problem asap as i'm on a patron status. Will be extremely displease if this is not resolve.

Soulwalker

Frankly, don't even bother helping me. To think that a true free-to-play game would be easy to jump into with friends. How foolish of me! Let's build a security system that HINDERS individuals who actually take security seriously. Great idea!

I had this game downloaded, signed in, and ready to play last night--even then surprised of this ridiculous Authentication Code nonsense. I turned off my computer and called it a night. Imagine my surprise the next day when I was asked to confirm another Authentication Code! I could have sworn I checked the most inane checkbox, defaulted to unchecked, to remember my login from this location.

"Nah, don't remember me. I love receiving confirmation e-mails every time I sign into Rift." -No one ever

I've come to find out that this will happen whenever signed into another machine OR WHEN YOUR IP CHANGES. Of course my IP changes! I run a standard, out-of-the-box network at home (read: a Strict NAT router) that assigns me a new IP whenever my old IP gets taken from one of my other devices.

Could it not possibly wildcard the last three digits of the IP? Is it REALLY necessary to kick an e-mail with an Authentication Code each time a new IP is used from the same location?

"Hackers must be getting really smart these days. They're now stealing credentials by emulating the exact same machine ID to spoof authentication systems. We better also make sure the exact 4-part IP is used as well." -Glyph

Well done. The system is now so perfectly protected that it regressed back into mediocrity. Did anyone stop to think about ensuring that the e-mail check system won't fail and thus LOCK OUT THE ABILITY TO LOG IN?

This asinine verification system really deserves a round of applause. I don't think anyone could have pulled off the sheer amount of counter-intuitiveness that went into Glyph. I'm stupefied by what sort of testing truly went into this that could have prevented trivial issues like this from even occurring.

Welcome back to the bottom. Social and news media, here I come.

Soulwalker

same for me tried to log into archeage headstart and got ****ted by the authentication failsystem.

- not using gmail (using web.de)
    - not to dumb to look into my spam folder/every other folder aswell

fix this and gimme back my patron days!

Soulwalker

UPDATE:
    Over 3 hours later, I received 12 e-mails in my inbox.

So the trick is to plan on playing at least 3 hours in advance in order to input your Authentication Code (assuming it's still valid after such a length of time).

I think we can consider this issue fixed. #glyphlife

+ Reply to Thread