+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By heippa
  • 1 Post By Liah
  • 1 Post By shylope
  • 1 Post By elfaraon

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Got hacked and lost around 400 dollar and cant contact support

Soulwalker

Default Got hacked and lost around 400 dollar and cant contact support

Hi, got hacked and trying to get some refund, i cant contact the support. cos it says im banned, its annyoing since thats was all money i had ..

Shadowlander

My boyfriend got hacked too, he's waiting for GM response. This is very annoying.

There's an ongoing thread in the General Discussion forum - take a look, there's some advice for how to contact when banned.

You should probably at this point talk to your bank about getting your money refunded. Trion is pretty good about refunding, but while you're waiting to talk to someone, getting your bank involved is a good idea.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Soulwalker

I have not touched the game or any of Trion's products in over a year and half. As of Friday the 22nd I was charged 100 dollars. And there is no way of getting in touch with support. The phone number my bank had in getting in touch with Trion is the old phone support number that was disconnected last year in March.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Thanks for linking the main thread, have you tried any alternate methods of contacting support yet?

We've also got a new security feature rolling out as well later this week to help address these sorts of issues.

Plane Touched

Default Just got hacked last night.

Saw 200 dollars worth of rex purchase on my bank account. Got my password reset and deleted my cc info. This has to be coming someone on the inside. I never gave my password out to anyone and it's a new password that I never used before. Been waiting on gm for hours. No reply. If this does not get resolved I will stir clear from this company. I've played mmos starting from ultima online and have never had money stolen.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by shylope View Post
    Saw 200 dollars worth of rex purchase on my bank account. Got my password reset and deleted my cc info. This has to be coming someone on the inside. I never gave my password out to anyone and it's a new password that I never used before. Been waiting on gm for hours. No reply. If this does not get resolved I will stir clear from this company. I've played mmos starting from ultima online and have never had money stolen.
    oh my god there is some serious problem when we see so many people complaining about being hacked. Honestly I would like to know what trion is doing/or think about this problem and what gonna do to prevent this sort of things in the future, im worried now with so many complains.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 08-25-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Thanks for linking the main thread, have you tried any alternate methods of contacting support yet?

We've also got a new security feature rolling out as well later this week to help address these sorts of issues.
    nice , I cant wait to see how the new security works. I have being playing rift for more than 2 years and half and I have never seen so many people complaining about being hacked.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 08-25-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Shadowlander

Honestly, my boyfriend contacted live support and his account was fixed in an hour. In-game petitions it seems they lack a handle on, but submit in-game and then hop over to live chat, much more efficient. It also helps not to yell at them...

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Anyone who isn't able to sign in directly to access support should email support@trionworlds.com.

We will absolutely get this squared away for you.

Soulwalker

Got hacked as well, nothing stolen though.

+ Reply to Thread