+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph Launcher too big for screen. Need resize help please and thanks!

Soulwalker

Default Glyph Launcher too big for screen. Need resize help please and thanks!

First and foremost let me start off by saying I think the launcher was a good idea and has helped me to find other games I might be interested in playing. However with that being said the launcher doesn't currently fit my screen appropriately and I would like to be able to modify it's size, so that I may be able to use all of it appropriately. I use a windows 7 O.S. and am well versed in how to modify files with notepad. If you could let me know where the file is that I have to modify I would appreciate it.

That actually sounds like a resolution setting. Try increasing your resolution a bit and see if that helps. Also, while I don't have Glyph, I have seen posts indicating a settings menu within the launcher. There may be a setting in there or the old fashioned way of seeing if the borders are resizable.

Quote Originally Posted by sea777 View Post
    If you could let me know where the file is that I have to modify I would appreciate it.
    Type this path or copy & paste it into search:

C:\Users\Your Name Here\AppData\Local\Glyph

Open the GlyphClient file with Notepad and scroll down to [Window], there you can adjust the size for X and Y

**Note** I have not tried adjusting these values so take notes of settings before you fiddle

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

First and foremost let me start off by saying I think the launcher was a good idea and has helped me to find other games I might be interested in playing. However with that being said the launcher doesn't currently fit my screen appropriately and I would like to be able to modify it's size, so that I may be able to use all of it appropriately. I use a windows 7 O.S. and am well versed in how to modify files with notepad. If you could let me know where the file is that I have to modify I would appreciate it.
    Did it fit at one point, then something changed? If you can provide additional info on what may have happened, I will report that to the Glyph team.

Let us know if you keep having issues after trying the steps suggested previously in the thread and we will do all we can to help.

Deleting the Glyph folder from AppData will restore the client to default settings, which should also return the client window size.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Did it fit at one point, then something changed? If you can provide additional info on what may have happened, I will report that to the Glyph team.

Let us know if you keep having issues after trying the steps suggested previously in the thread and we will do all we can to help.

Deleting the Glyph folder from AppData will restore the client to default settings, which should also return the client window size.
    No actually the glyph launcher window has always been really big, even to the point of going off the screen. Also to Slipmat: I found that GlyphClient file and opened it with notepad, however I didn't find a section labled "window" from which to change the settings.

Also to GM Fasti:

Please do talk to the glyph team and let them know that it would be really appreciated if they could design some window re-sizing functionality to the launcher window. The best idea would be that when you place your mouse over the border of the window the mouse pointer would change into a re-size cursor that when held down would allow you to resize the launcher window itself.
    Last edited by sea777; 08-10-2014 at 05:01 PM.

I didn't find a section labled "window" from which to change the settings
    Strange, you could try to add the setting yourself, just take notes of the sizes you use so you don't make it fill your house

Here's what my settings look like, obviously details have been "protected"

Glyph Launcher too big for screen. Need resize help please and thanks!-untitled.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a7xlmi4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post

1st of all the glyph luncher is crap, if i wantet to find other games ill google em, and 2nd Fasti what is ur uber guide for me 8 days now with error code 2025 and im patron player as i see it i lose my money each day since i got it from credits the 15day one.
    "Did we just slip into some alternate dimension where I actually give a flying ducky about what you say and do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Siphex View Post
    1st of all the glyph luncher is crap, if i wantet to find other games ill google em, and 2nd Fasti what is ur uber guide for me 8 days now with error code 2025 and im patron player as i see it i lose my money each day since i got it from credits the 15day one.
    Don't attack Fasti please, they have guidelines they have to follow and as a GM they can't advise you with what I sent to you private mail. Error 2025 seems to be like windows BSOD. I'm also a patron and was quite disgusted to have Glyph forced on me. Can't blame the GMs here though, comes from above their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by XSmoky View Post
    Don't attack Fasti please, they have guidelines they have to follow and as a GM they can't advise you with what I sent to you private mail. Error 2025 seems to be like windows BSOD. I'm also a patron and was quite disgusted to have Glyph forced on me. Can't blame the GMs here though, comes from above their heads.
    error code 2025 have nothing to do with bsod, its a problem that trion didnt tend to, and didnt made a fix for over a week now, its the glyph that is wrong with for some people, if u use telia or stofa, but with old luncher no problems!
    Last edited by Siphex; 08-11-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    "Did we just slip into some alternate dimension where I actually give a flying ducky about what you say and do?"

Error 2025 is usually caused by your anti-virus/firewall program freaking out, especially if it's a free one.

Try some of the steps suggested here

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...VkYyUjF6X2w%3D

Quote Originally Posted by Siphex View Post
    error code 2025 have nothing to do with bsod, its a problem that trion didnt tend to, and didnt made a fix for over a week now, its the glyph that is wrong with for some people, if u use telia or stofa, but with old luncher no problems!
    What I meant by the bsod reference is that Trion so far does not have an answer for it just like how microsoft doesn't have an answer for the bsod and it completely stops you from doing whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Error 2025 is usually caused by your anti-virus/firewall program freaking out, especially if it's a free one.

Try some of the steps suggested here

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...VkYyUjF6X2w%3D
    dont even start, i talk to support 2 times in the 8 days now, its cuz i have telia and stofanet and live in denmark they told me, and nothing they could do right now to fix and didnt know when they got to fix it, and no work around it either if u download RIFT after u intsalled glyph, and enof with the guides,,,, cant be rigth u have to do all this to log on a game, and yes i did them guide when i was online chat with support!
    Last edited by Siphex; 08-11-2014 at 12:47 AM.

so any new news/fixes to resize this "launcher"....

+ Reply to Thread