+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph launcher Error #1038

Default Glyph launcher Error #1038

I got up early this morning because I knew it was Wed. and Wed. is Patch day. I wanted to get a jump on the Update so I launched Rift which launched Glyph and then I happily pressed the big, red, friendly Update button. It is really really hot where I am at right now and we are having little brownouts because of all the AC being used in my 'hood, and in the middle of the patch my computer and AC shut off. (I am telling you this even though I am not sure it caused my problem)

Now the servers are back up and I want to play but all I get is the big, red, and Not-so-friendly-anymore Update button. I press the button and it goes through the motion of downloading the patch and then instead of getting the "Play" button it goes right back to Update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Glyph. I have tried to repair my files via the drop down menu when I right click on the Rift logo to the far left of the launcher. None of this is helping me. It goes right back to Update but I am getting no Play. Every now and then I get a pop that tells me "There was an error accessing local game data files. Please close all running instances of the game before patching.(Error #1038)"

I am not running Any instances of the game, but I would like to. Please Help.

Default another thing...

If I spam punch the Play button while the launcher is pretending to update I can get Rift to launch but only to the pre-toon select screen. It will load up to 87% and then I get a box-pop that tells me "You are not running the correct version of the game. Please exit and run the patcher again. A new update may be on the way!" Oh joy! I am at a loss as to what to do about this.

I always hate asking this one because it makes me sound presumptuous but it's a necessary question:

Have you attempted a reboot of the system?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Default my bad for not saying,

yes I did try that. I think I omitted saying as much because it is such a knee-jerk reflex for me. If something is not working, one of the very first things I do is a system reboot.

Default tried the runaround with the riftpatchlive

I renamed the Glyphdownloader.exe to ThiswasGlyphDownloader.exe and launched from Riftpatchlive and omg, I did in fact get the old rift launcher. I was so excited and then it happened. I click update and it seems to update but I never get to play. the Play button stays grayed out and it rolls back to the Update button. It keeps trying to install the same 22.0MB of todays patch. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall the whole game but I am not sure what else is left for me to do.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Are you still having this error? In general, the 1038 error indicates something is blocking files from being updated. This is often either a background tasks, or a second copy of Glyph/RIFT patcher being active in your Task Manager.

If the problem continues, try disabling background tasks and launch the game again.

Soulwalker

i went to task manager and ended all processes of glyph, then relaunched and right clicked on rift and updated that way. hopefully this will work for anyone that has this problem.
    Last edited by skyodin; 03-02-2017 at 10:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread