+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Requires DirectX 9 - Missing Buttons On Character Creation Screen

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT Requires DirectX 9 - Missing Buttons On Character Creation Screen

Greetings Ascended!

Players will sometimes run into an issue in RIFT where they find themselves staring at the character creation screen, but have no buttons to interact with. Often, you will just see an empty room with some pillars, and have no way to get beyond this screen.

This issue is caused by an absence of DirectX 9 files from newer versions of Windows. Installing the files from this version of DirectX 9 will get you up and running. Just restart the game after the installation is complete. If you continue to see this error, install this DirectX file as well, restart your PC, and launch the game again.

These older files will not replace your newer version of DirectX, it is simply adding the extra files that RIFT needs. I hope this comes in handy for you!

If you experience any other technical problems with RIFT, feel free create a forum post, or submit a ticket to our support team for one on one assistance.

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by Fasti; 01-06-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Glyph client not found

The C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph does not show on my computer. Does that mean Glyph did not properly download and that is why RIFT won't start?

It won't install. It says that it found a newer version, Dx11, and then it just errors out, telling me to check the error log which doesn't exist.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kaediths View Post
    The C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph does not show on my computer. Does that mean Glyph did not properly download and that is why RIFT won't start?
    If you changed the installation path of Glyph when installing it, it won't be found there. If you do a search of your system for the term Glyph, do you see it installed?

If you can find Glyph installed, create a desktop icon for it and use that to launch Glyph, then launch your Trion Worlds games via Glyph. If Glyph isn't installed currently, follow these troubleshooting steps to see if that gets you fixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by thegriffin88 View Post
    It won't install. It says that it found a newer version, Dx11, and then it just errors out, telling me to check the error log which doesn't exist.
    What version of Windows are you running? One of those two links provided in my post should allow you to install these DirectX 9 files on your machine, regardless of the Windows version. Try restarting your PC, then attempt this link first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=34429

If you are unable to get this version to install, let us know if it is that same error message.

Then try installing from this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

Players will sometimes run into an issue in RIFT where they find themselves staring at the character creation screen, but have no buttons to interact with. Often, you will just see an empty room with some pillars, and have no way to get beyond this screen.

This issue is caused by an absence of DirectX 9 files from newer versions of Windows. Installing the files from this version of DirectX 9 will get you up and running. Just restart the game after the installation is complete. If you continue to see this error, install this DirectX file as well, restart your PC, and launch the game again.

These older files will not replace your newer version of DirectX, it is simply adding the extra files that RIFT needs. I hope this comes in handy for you!

If you experience any other technical problems with RIFT, feel free create a forum post, or submit a ticket to our support team for one on one assistance.

Thanks very much!
    This really helps, but why no Dx11 support?

Quote Originally Posted by SHJordan View Post
    This really helps, but why no Dx11 support?
    Most likely because the game engine is old.

Soulwalker

Default DX9 Patch

The DX9 patched worked to fill my empty room

I've done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 today and none of the DirectX links here actually worked for me. One fails to install and tells me to look at the non-existant log file, the other is for older Windows versions only.

However, this redistributable does work. It's a self-extracting archive, so you'll have to pick a folder to unpack it, then run dxsetup.exe.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Telaran

I had that exact same problem after installing Rift, so i rebooted my system and tried again (1st link worked) but being me i had to also do the 2nd link (just in case). hmm ok forget 2nd link, wanted me to unpack it and then go through 150+ zipped files, no self extraction (auto install) sod that
    Last edited by Maniacski; 11-24-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Empty Character Creation screen

I recently installed Rift and when I open it I Don't see any buttons characters or pillars. The background of the character creation screen loads up and the waterfall in the back is running, but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait. I tried the crashing troublingshooting and both of the links on the forum, but nothing has worked so far. what else can I do to try and fix this?

Soulwalker

Default Everything goes black

Hello Good day,
    i was on the process of installing the game, it says it was already playable but all I can see is black. im not sure if my computer specs is out of minimum requirements.

OS win 7 64bit
    core i3 with 8gb RAM
    and built in graphics Intel(R) Graphics (Core i3)
    - approx 1696 MB

thank you so much. really appreciate your help

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by junxMamorj View Post
    Hello Good day,
    i was on the process of installing the game, it says it was already playable but all I can see is black. im not sure if my computer specs is out of minimum requirements.

OS win 7 64bit
    core i3 with 8gb RAM
    and built in graphics Intel(R) Graphics (Core i3)
    - approx 1696 MB

thank you so much. really appreciate your help
    Even though this is 4 months old I'll respond anyway for others. Go to http://www.canyourunit.com and find Rift, it will ask you to download/ install something just click yes it's fine.

You can tell from the name of the website what it does. It's checking your specifications with the game you selected. Keep in mind sometime it's not 100% accurate.

Telaran

Default Unable to purchase REX

I noticed GM Fasti helped has helped other players in past who were unable to purchase REX...my ticket is 426439...sorry to post here but the other post is closed. Thank you!

Soulwalker

Default i cant install direct x 9 because i have windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

Thanks very much!
    do you have any other recommendations for me?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Thorarin View Post
    I've done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 today and none of the DirectX links here actually worked for me. One fails to install and tells me to look at the non-existant log file, the other is for older Windows versions only.

However, this redistributable does work. It's a self-extracting archive, so you'll have to pick a folder to unpack it, then run dxsetup.exe.
    This worked for me with a fresh Win 10 install aswell! Shouldn't the game install include a valid dx install? Every other game usually does this...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast